Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM

Default PartyPoker Bad Debt

Does anyone have any experience with what happens if you do not honor e-check deposits to Partypoker. For example, if you close your bank account before they present the e-checks. Can they do anything other than harrass you? Can they employ collection agencies or attack your credit rating. Are they likely to go through all that for $6000?
Any experience anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I have read several opinions on this but no one seems to have a personal experience. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker Bad Debt

hitmen

I really hope you didn't use your real name and address
Old 05-18-2006, 08:24 PM

First of all, if you did this you probably have a gambling problem and should seek help.

That said, you probably won't be able to open up a checking account with ANY bank anytime soon since you overdrafted your account by six grand and closed it, basically committing fraud. Has your bank contacted you yet? Because they will.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 AM

My buddy tried this, he's locked up.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:31 PM

Normally when you close a bank account, it's under the condition that all checks have cleared. Most banks have a rule that if a check comes after you close the account, the account is automatically re-opened. The bank will probably NSF the check and Party will lock up your account and any accounts you've transferred to until they get their juice back. The bank will most likely charge you a NSF fee, and put a notice through to ChexSystems that you had activity on a closed account.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:33 PM

PS why the hell do you want to do this? If the only way you can play is by cheating someone...you're a sad individual.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:27 PM

Incorrect. But thank you!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 AM

My cousin tried this very thing at Party. It was a nightmare when it was over. A record and 4 years in jail.

She's also turned 'Lesbo' if you know what I mean. Not nice to steal from others'
Old 05-25-2006, 04:19 PM

Steal from Party and they'll use their giant lesbo-wand to turn you gay.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM

I do not have direct experiences, but I have friends who do. As of right now, they can't, or won't bother to do anything. You have to realize they are on sticky legal grounds. What they are doing, offering online gambling, is Illegal in the states. SO they can't go up to a prosecutor and be like, hey... I need $ from this dude, that is like a drug dealer filing a law suit against a crackhead for not living up to his I O U... For them, going after bounced checks is more hassle than rewarding, fighting in courts will be expensive. As I believe, IGM is a separate entity from party poker anyways. Also, the three major credit bureaus, Equifax, transUnion, and Experian do not like to deal with offshore financial companies. Especially that allows you to deposit into online gambling sites... However, they JUST might find a way through third parties some day, and they sure as hell aren't forgetting 6000. So, rest easy, no jail time anytime soon. But it should be a big concern to you and you should try to work it off.