Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Default typical Bellagio 30-60 games?

I was playing at the Bellagio in a 30-60 game on Monday that was crazy. I played for a couple of hours and then played in their daily tournament. After I busted out of the tournament I returned to a different 30-60 game and this one was crazier than the first. By crazy I mean that almost every flop cost 2 or 3 bets and it was rare to have less than 5 players see a flop. It was not uncommon to see 4 players make it to showdown even after seeing at least one betting street get capped. I thought I was playing in a 1-2 or a 2-4 game where everyone plays all the way to the river. It was very rare for a hand to be won without a showdown and even more rare (in fact I think it never happened in the 2nd game) for a hand to be won pre-flop.

Is this typical? If it is, I think I know where I am going to spend my free time when I head out again for the WSOP.

Temp
Old 05-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: typical Bellagio 30-60 games?

The 30-60 game at Bellagio has been extremely soft just about any time I've ever played in it. Weeknight, midday, weekend. It's great.

Jeff
Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM

i have nothing but good memories
Old 05-18-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 30-60 game at Bellagio has been extremely soft just about any time I've ever played in it. Weeknight, midday, weekend. It's great.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played the B 30 yet, I wasn't playing that high yet last time I was in Vegas. But from watching the game from my 15 chair, it looked much better than any 15 game I've ever played in Vegas. Would you agree Jeff?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played the B 30 yet, I wasn't playing that high yet last time I was in Vegas. But from watching the game from my 15 chair, it looked much better than any 15 game I've ever played in Vegas. Would you agree Jeff?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen much much tougher Party $2/4 games than the Bellagio $30/60 was last time, and last time there were plenty of 2p2ers mixed in (granted, some were making the games good).
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Yes it is quite common for that to be the case. Just put on your variance seatbelt and start building stacks!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:01 AM

Yeah the Bellagio 30 game has always been good, but there are plenty of times when you have to fasten your seatbelt. Other times they are less aggro. It depends on who is in the game.

This trip I stayed at the Wynn and mostly played in the 30 game there. On balance I think the game is better at the Wynn as there is a higher tourist/recreational player ratio to "pros" in the game. So there is much limping PF and not so much agression after the flop. There were a couple of young kids in the game pretty much the whole trip and they were mostly overaggro. One was of the "I'm betting the flop if it's checked to me" type. They were 3-betting EP raises very lightly and were very susceptible to being c/r'd.

Today in one hand, I was in the 9 seat (they play 9 handed at the Wynn). Before I could act in EP, the kid in the 1 seat raised. I thought if I should LRR my AQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but decided to lean forward and ask the kid, if I could raise 1st and he could 3-bet if he liked. So I raised and he coldcalled, his buddy then made it 3 bets with what turned out to be KQo. Now he's played enough with me over the last 2 weeks to know that his hand is in real bad shape to mine. The coldcaller had 88. Flop was something like ATx and I donked the c/c folded and Mr. KQo actually raised me on the flop and bet a turn blank. On top if that you get treated much better at the Wynn and the free food at the table is very nice too.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:42 AM

It really depends when you are there. I was in LV in April, and I thought the games were tougher than the AC games I normally play and were not that great. They were nothing like your description. Most pots were 2-3 handed preflop. Some players looked at you funny if you reraised with less than AKo. Also, in April, the Wynn couldn't seem to get a 30-60 going.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:09 AM

Default My Bellagio 30-60 experience from 1999.

I arrived in Vegas in 1999 with my fiance for a four day getaway. The first nite in town, I sat in the 30-60 game at the Bellagio (I had never played that high before) and, yatta, yatta, yatta, I left Vegas a single man.

TSP
Old 05-23-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It really depends when you are there. I was in LV in April, and I thought the games were tougher than the AC games I normally play and were not that great. They were nothing like your description. Most pots were 2-3 handed preflop. Some players looked at you funny if you reraised with less than AKo. Also, in April, the Wynn couldn't seem to get a 30-60 going.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly my experience when I played in April. I played several Bellagio 30 games over a long weekend and they were all nitty. The 15 games, however, were very soft.

As the above poster stated, it all depends on when you are there.