Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 AM
People_Mover People_Mover is offline

Default Play the WSOP ME or take the 10K in cash? hrmmm..

Was fortunate to win a seat to the big dance. It's only the seat though, no accomodations or anything.

Would you play or take the 10K?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
lozen lozen is offline

Location: Great White North
Default Re: Play the WSOP ME or take the 10K in cash? hrmmm..

Play To say you played in the ME If you don't youll regret it
Old 05-16-2006, 10:42 AM
sykotic sykotic is offline

Dude, play and win 1st place. 10 million > 10 thousand
Old 05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
_TKO_ _TKO_ is offline

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Personally, I'd take the cash and go to Vegas to profit from the side games. Then again, I'm not a great MTT player.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
PartyGirlUK PartyGirlUK is offline

If you had instead won $10k by some other means, what would you do with it?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline

Location: The cat is back by popular demand.

was this on an online site?

Do you know that they are giving you the option to exchange it for $10k in cash? I don't know many (any?) sites that do that.

If this is what they are doing...then basically they have just given you $10k in cash (and if you want to blow it all on a seat to the main-event then it's up to you).
Old 05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
People_Mover People_Mover is offline

This is our correspondence...

Here's my e-mail to AP.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Mik1w Mik1w is offline

Location: Manchester UK

[ QUOTE ]
If you had instead won $10k by some other means, what would you do with it?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline

Location: The cat is back by popular demand.

1. I think it's silly that you are complaining about not getting spending-money when you win a player-points tourney in which they already stated that they would not give you money.

2. You got a really nice offer from them to just take the money. I would do this. But playing in the main-event might not be quite as big a deal for me as it is for others. Depends on how badly you want to do this I guess compared with your financial situation.

If you are the type where just getting to and staying in Vegas in the first place is some sort of 'hardship' then I can't imagine why you would take a $10k cash award and then blow it all on a seat at the main-event.
Yes, you only live once and this is the main-event.
But it's also pretty irresponsible to just spend $10k in cash on a main-event seat. So now that you have this offer your choice should be obvious imo.

But back to this whole bit about how this started in the first place.
Where are you flying in from that makes this such a hard-ship?

Round-trip flight within U.S. probably $300-$400 or so I am guessing.
Hotel-room for 3 or 4 nights at Gold Coast or some other cheap place is probably $300 to $400 or so.

Adjust things out if you last longer in the tourney.

It shouldn't be THAT much of a hardship.

I'm guessing that those who win the seats in the AP cash-events are just winning cash that is coming out of the prize-pool in the first place.
AP isn't just giving an extra $1k in cash are they?

Thus, it makes sense for AP to not 'give' this extra money for the player-points tourneys winners.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:24 PM
AncientPC AncientPC is offline

Location: Austin, TX

Put it this way, if you had $10k cash would you enter the WSOP ME?