Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Tricky flop QQ - any value in continuing?

Hi first post, been scratching my head on this one. not sure how much discussion this will generate but even some quick thoughts would be appreciated.

Table is 5/10, I normally play a little lower at Party but this ones at Tiger. I've been about 25% VPIP and the most aggressive at a fairly loose passive table and villian has been staying out of my way for the most part. However two fish recently bust out and I sense the table giving me less leeway. He's seen me reraise weak, fire several barrels but Ive also showed down several good hands. He hasnt been too active but Ive seen him make some moves when he does get involved.

5 handed. Villian has 1k I have him covered.

Villian is UTG+1 raises to 30, folded to me in BB with QQ I make it 120 (I'd often raise more but i didnt in this case), he calls.

Flop comes A35 rainbow. I lead out 175 into 250ish pot, he makes it 375 or so, leaving him 600 or so behind.

So i'm thinking he'd do this with any PP's through JJ, sometimes with air / garbage, AK / AQ, though some of the winning hands I'd expect a call then a raise or reraise on turn so I'm tempted to discount them a bit (reasonable?)

Being OOP is there any way I can make enough money off the hands I beat to continue here? I suspect he'll fold to reraise or check behind on turn with anything I have beat. Whats my best line?

results to follow.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Tricky flop QQ - any value in continuing?

Fold.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 AM

sucks, but i cut my losses and fold.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect he'll fold to reraise or check behind on turn with anything I have beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given this... I think you're done.

If you thought there was a good chance he'd fire the turn with a weaker hand than yours, calling and check/calling a turn allin would be okay, if you could somehow be confident he didn't have the A.

Since you don't think he'll bluff the turn, and since he's also likely to check behind with aces... I think you're [censored].

Welcome to the forum.