Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Rule Question - Foxwoods Cash Game

$1/2 No Limit Ring Game. What is the rule for this situation: Player A in early position raises to $12, folds to Player B in middle position who does not say anything and throws a $5 chip up to the bet line. Dealer points out that there is a raise and then Player B takes the $5 chip back and wants to fold. What is the exact rule? Can he take his money back? Does he have to put in another $7 to call the raise? Player B seemed to indicate that he could take his money back because he did not put 1/2 of the bet out there - like if he had thrown $6 up to the bet line, then the rule would have required him to call. Is that the rule? Anyone know?

This happens all the time at $1/2 table at FW. People don't pay attention, don't see raise and throw money out to make a call.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Rule Question - Foxwoods Cash Game

He cannot take the money back but I never make a big deal out of this.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 PM

I let them take it back 100% of the time and I've never had anyone complain about it ever, I'm not sure he can't take the money back.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Critical detail

You left out a critical detail: Which floors are on duty, and what's their understanding (or lack of same) of the rule?

I have to defer to Tom on what the rule says should happen. My guess would be that's fine, because I'm pretty sure i've seen the player take back the $2 like half a million times in the $1-2. But the truth of the matter is, no interpretation, application, or non-application of a rule at Foxwoods would stun me, because often one gets the impression that they're making [censored] up as they go. (Maybe that's the same with any large cardroom; FW is the only large one I've played in more than a couple of times.)

What did the floor rule? Action is binding?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 PM

I cannot speak to the rules at Foxwoods, but the normal rule is he can remove the chip. The normal rule is if a player attempts to call, but is unaware of a raise he may act on his hand after being made aware of the correct action. A couple of notes on this, if the action passes him he must complete the call. Also not noticing the level went up in a tournament or not noticing this is a kill pot is not the same as overlooking a raise.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

$1/2 No Limit Ring Game. What is the rule for this situation: Player A in early position raises to $12, folds to Player B in middle position who does not say anything and throws a $5 chip up to the bet line. Dealer points out that there is a raise and then Player B takes the $5 chip back and wants to fold. What is the exact rule? Can he take his money back? Does he have to put in another $7 to call the raise? Player B seemed to indicate that he could take his money back because he did not put 1/2 of the bet out there - like if he had thrown $6 up to the bet line, then the rule would have required him to call. Is that the rule? Anyone know?

This happens all the time at $1/2 table at FW. People don't pay attention, don't see raise and throw money out to make a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens all the time and the standard rule where I play is that if he throws in one chip of less denomination than the raise then he can take it back when informed of the raise. It's an honest mistake and he's not trying to angle shoot or anything.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Talking with a dealer, the way it's supposed to work is that they are committed to the $2, even if it's a $5 chip, but not the full five. They can either fold and lose the $2, or put in the rest of the money for the call. However, I've only seen that one dealer actually enforce this.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:45 PM

The floor actually came over and ruled that he had to leave the $5 chip out there and he had the option to complete the action (call or raise). The the player says "Ok, well then I'm going to take some time to decide" and sits there like a dick, playing with his chips. Eventually the raiser told the guy to just take his $5 chip back and to pay attention next time.