Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 05:28 AM

Default 2Hands vs Kapw7, Semi Blind Situations

The converter said "unknown hand format" so these are gonna be hand written again :

Kapw plays at 29.5/20.5/2.1 from my database. To him I am probably something like 27/20.5/2.3

<font color="blue"> Hand 1 - A3 river fold</font>

True has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Kapw open-raises from the SB </font> , True calls

Flop - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Kapw bets </font> , <font color="red"> True raises </font> , Kapw calls

Turn - 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Kapw checks, <font color="red"> True bets </font> , Kapw calls

River - K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Kapw bets </font> , True folds

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 - 88 raised on river </font>

True has 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Kapw open-raises from the Button </font> , bad TAG calls in the SB, True calls in the BB.

Flop - Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
True checks, TAG checks, <font color="red"> Kapw7 bets </font>, <font color="red"> True raises </font> , TAG folds, Kapw7 calls.

Turn - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> True bets </font> , Kapw7 calls

River - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> True bets </font> , <font color="red"> Kapw7 raises </font> , True calls.

Thoughts?

True
Old 05-14-2006, 05:31 AM

Default Re: 2Hands vs Kapw7, Semi Blind Situations

Hand 1 - i would like to know what others think, but I like a fold. The pot is 7-1 (before rake) on the river bet, but i don't see him betting A3, A2 or QJ/something like that on the river. I don't play 5/10 tho so i need some input on that.

Hand 2 - i like the river bet-call. I would expect to see a Q sometime, maybe a ragged 9, maybe a flush (very occasionally) but often a bluffraise or maybe 66-44 being tricksy. The pot's 10-1 before rake there so i think it's an okay call.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:55 AM

In the second hand I would fold to the river raise. I really think you will never win here. Maybe im missing something.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:55 AM

Hand 1: Well, if he expects to get a fold from you sometimes on the river, he could play QJ/JT this way. Or hearts.

It's a thought, anyway. There's no need for us to expect Villain to fold a 10-out gutshot on the turn, since clearly you don't need an especially strong hand to play the flop and turn this way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. (I do realize that ace-high is fairly strong on the flop under the circumstances.)

Hand 2: Well, I wouldn't want to bet-fold the river so much versus a 2+2er who knew I was one also. I'm not sure I'm any more optimistic about having the best hand here than I am versus Villain's river donk in Hand 1, though.

Probably I'm less optimistic, actually, but you are getting better odds this time.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 AM

Hey True. I use this converter for Prima but it doesn't always work: link

I played both hands very straightforward since you looked like you took me as playing very tricky.

1st hand I had K3. FWIW I would donk a busted draw but not all the times.

2nd hand Good C-R on the flop. I could bet here with a lot of hands. I could also 3-bet with a lot of hands like PPs or AK etc. On the river I can see that you have to call a raise b/c of the odds. Against a 2p2er who likes to value bet the river you have to raise more and sometimes on a bluff. I haven't tried it yet though (the bluff raise).
Obviously I had Q9 here.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:04 AM

i like your turn c/c in hand 1; i'd usually stop and go True there and i think thats an error by me.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like your turn c/c in hand 1; i'd usually stop and go True there and i think thats an error by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting there is very bad.

True
Old 05-14-2006, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey True. I use this converter for Prima but it doesn't always work: link

I played both hands very straightforward since you looked like you took me as playing very tricky.

1st hand I had K3. FWIW I would donk a busted draw but not all the times.

2nd hand Good C-R on the flop. I could bet here with a lot of hands. I could also 3-bet with a lot of hands like PPs or AK etc. On the river I can see that you have to call a raise b/c of the odds. Against a 2p2er who likes to value bet the river you have to raise more and sometimes on a bluff. I haven't tried it yet though (the bluff raise).
Obviously I had Q9 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could also have 99 / AQ / KQ when you raise this river if we are talking about a range that beats me. I did perceive you as quite tricky, you seem to be able to mix it up quite well. I was wondering why I called this river but I guess I must have thought this session you had some history of being tricky.

The K3 hand was good, c/r may also be an option as I may bet with every hand I call with, if I believe you to be tricky I may have called the c/r but I doubt it. I think calling the c/r with a hand I bet with is as likely as calling a bet with a hand I would check with, so you are likely to get 2/0 or 1/0, it all depends on the range of hands that I would check/call with (check if I could, call if I have to).

True
Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 PM

First hand is OK.
Second hand is an easy 3bet preflop for me. I think the river is ok - either B/F or C/C - I don't like B/C.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand is OK.
Second hand is an easy 3bet preflop for me. I think the river is ok - either B/F or C/C - I don't like B/C.

[/ QUOTE ]

before I posted the hand, after I saw it, I was thinking about what a stupid call it was.

I think

b/f -&gt; b/c ------&gt; c/f ----------------&gt; c/c

True