Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Overpair on a paired and inside straight board.

BB has on tilt for the past few minutes raising with anything preflop and folding to flop bets. With 4 players to the river, I felt I had to be beat by one of them. I called the river because of the pot size and because it is nano-limits and these guys are retards. Should I have gotten out of here earlier, or was my play correct.

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Removed results
Old 05-12-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Overpair on a paired and inside straight board.

You should be able to 3-bet the flop given your description of the BB. Other than that, the hand looks fine.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:19 PM

Preflop, I just call the 3 bet rather than cap. You need to be able to release JJ in multiway pots. I don't think you need to here, but as you play more, keep that in mind.

The rest is fine.

<font color="white"> Don't put results in your post. You should have known SB had what he had andopen folded the flop. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 08:27 PM

Yeah i would 3bet the flop. Benihana, what is the reason for not capping preflop here with JJ? We have equity so why not.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:32 PM

A little OT, but I'd like to point out that maniacut has the best and the worst avatar on the site.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB has on tilt for the past few minutes raising with anything preflop and folding to flop bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he didn't fold to the flop bet - do you think he has a piece of it? I do...

That being said, I would 3-bet flop. If I still get raised or bet into on turn, then I'll let it go on river if I don't hit my boat.