Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Flop plan?

Party .50/1.00 FR. This is my first full ring in months. I have no reads the table seems fairly average. No one stands out as completely terrible or good. Most flops are seen 3 or 4 handed. PFR about half of the time.

Pre flop: I open raise ATo UTG+1 and get 3 cold callers and the BB to the flop.

Flop(5 players 10.5sb): 883 rainbow
BB checks, Hero???

Check/call, check/fold or bet?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Flop plan?

Go ahead and bet once, see what happens. That flop didn't hit anyone. Get a couple folds.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 AM

ATo cant be a instamuck in EP for just me. I am coming to realize I suck at poker though.

And I think you have to fold this. Too many players left to act.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:39 AM

If you're gonna raise this preflop, I think you have to bet the flop. I would just limp it though.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 AM

Bet it - dunno about the PFR though
Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 AM

You could go either way here. You could take a stab at it here and hope to fold most of them. If you get one caller you could try again on the turn if you don't improve. But, with that many callers it's not a big deal to check and see what happens. You missed and have many callers. It's not terrible to play it as a draw and move on, even on a favorable flop.

Bad things to think/say:

1) This is a bad preflop raise. If the table is right and you play well post-flop, it's marginal and not worth debating.

2) If you raise preflop you have to follow up. That's good advice if you prefer not to reevaluate your situation after every play.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:51 AM

I'm fine with check/calling here.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:58 AM

I figured pre flop would get equal attention to the flop.

My thoughts on pre flop are as follows: the table was tight/aggressive enough that i really didn't want to open limp with this type of hand. I think half the time here my open limp would be raised here and i would be playing this hand OOP againt a couple of players maybe just one. I much rather raise make AJ, AQ have to make a tough cold call or 3-bet but maybe i am wrong. The table just wasn't loose/passive enough for me to like a limp. Folding was the other option i considered. This being five handed was not what i expected.

On the flop i checked a loose passive bet from late position the blind called and so did i. I check/folded the turn. I usually don't c-bet out of position against a big field with overcards but i thought this board was so unlikely to have hit anyone that a bet here might have been the correct play.

Anyway playing FR again was alot of fun and i look foward to getting back into the swing of things. I have some gaping holes to fill.