Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Advice needed on this hand

6 handed on Party Poker - there hasn't been much history between me and the villain we haven't collided in big pots as yet however I am on 3-4 tables with the villain and he has seen me being fairly active (my flops seen around 20%)however the villain in question in "hseinpei" who seems to be a regular at the games.

Villain is UTG (STACK $6000) raises to $70
ALL fold to me in the BB 6c 7c I call the $70 (STACK $4000)

FLOP - 7h, 7d, 8h

Hero checks (I figured this might be the better play as he had been making continuation bets the whole time he raised - do you lead out with this here or?)
hseinpei Bets $100
Hero Raises to $300
hseinpei Calls $200

(My read at the moment was that he could poteintially be on the heart draw as it seems most obvious as I might expect him to 3bet a big PP here to find out whether he was behind or not?)

TURN - Ts

Heros Bets $480
hseinpei Raises $1260

(Is this a bluff? I can't see how the T has really changed much in the hand.... and this play looks very out of line IMO. What would you guys do/why? Move in/Fold/Smooth Call?)

Results soon

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Advice needed on this hand

Id move all in...If he has you beat so be it, but Id put him on a big pair making a move when the flush didnt hit. His thinking was probably you were semi bluffing the flop, and when the flush didnt come he was goin to move with something like QQ, KK, or AA.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id move all in...If he has you beat so be it, but Id put him on a big pair making a move when the flush didnt hit. His thinking was probably you were semi bluffing the flop, and when the flush didnt come he was goin to move with something like QQ, KK, or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why push...what worse hands call you unless you have a crazy maniac image. I probably just call and then check call the river. Possibly block the river if you think he will call with a worse hand but again I doubt it.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 PM

He said he had an active image, so KK or AA would have a pretty hard time folding there.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:40 AM

I check called river and he showed 10/10....was there anyway I could get away from it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 04:39 AM

Fold flop.

On a serious note, what percentage of the time do you think he would play his kk/aa vs trips/straight/boat like that on the turn on that kind of board?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:37 AM

Raise a little more on the flop to like 400-500. On the turn when he raised you, you had a very good but not lock hand. He either didn't believe you had a 7, or he could beat it. And if he just had JJ-AA and position, it is unlikely he would raise there but probably just call and re-evaluate on the river. Plus since he is more active, he could have a wider range of hands and hit that flop as well. Don't go broke in spots like that when you aren't full.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 AM

I really think folding the flop wouldn't be the right play...in future I will probarly pop it up to around 500 and try to get a cheap showdown.

However his turn raise was extremely suspecious - looking back on it the river was an easy fold.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise a little more on the flop to like 400-500

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

results oriented thinking? flop is fine, i like to lead a lot here though. you can fold the turn some of the time because you have repped a 7 pretty good and he's saying he can beat it.