Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Dark Side of the Moon

I just saw this. I may have to make my way to Chicago.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/32291150
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Dark Side of the Moon

This would be an amazing thing to experience. A trip to Chicago is definitely in order.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 AM

I'm seeing this show on june 10th. It's gonna rule, 3 hours of Roger Waters/ Pink Floyd.

I heard rumors it's gonna be pretty much the same deal as the In the Flesh tour, just with the entire DSOTM album at some point during the set.

Too bad Gilmour has pretty much nixed the possibility of a PF reunion. However, Nick Mason is supposed to play with Waters during these gigs. Can't wait!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm seeing this show on june 10th. It's gonna rule, 3 hours of Roger Waters/ Pink Floyd.

I heard rumors it's gonna be pretty much the same deal as the In the Flesh tour, just with the entire DSOTM album at some point during the set.

Too bad Gilmour has pretty much nixed the possibility of a PF reunion. However, Nick Mason is supposed to play with Waters during these gigs. Can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never heard the guitarist on this tour, but RW made a brilliant move with Doyle Bramhall II, and I dont expect any less with this tour. As a long time Floyd tour follower (over 50 shows, including one with Syd...sorta) I was happy that Live8 didnt result in a reunion tour.

Those shows would turn into Stadium extravaganzas that dont fit the music well, and I dont miss Gilmour's guitar at all when the quality of his stand-ins is so high.

I can understand someone who didnt see the whole group together wanting to see it intact for the historical vibe, but musically a Waters tour kicks a Floyd tour's arse.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never heard the guitarist on this tour, but RW made a brilliant move with Doyle Bramhall II, and I dont expect any less with this tour. As a long time Floyd tour follower (over 50 shows, including one with Syd...sorta) I was happy that Live8 didnt result in a reunion tour.

Those shows would turn into Stadium extravaganzas that dont fit the music well, and I dont miss Gilmour's guitar at all when the quality of his stand-ins is so high.

I can understand someone who didnt see the whole group together wanting to see it intact for the historical vibe, but musically a Waters tour kicks a Floyd tour's arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolute nonsense!

David Gilmour was, and always will be, Pink Floyd. He provided both the finest guitar-work in the history of rock music, and the haunting vocals that are the other cornerstone of the Floyd sound.

Roger Waters on the otherhand, contributed some less memorable vocals and session-musician quality bass guitar.

Considering the above it is hardly surprising that Floyd experienced the vast majority of their commercial success in the late eighties and early nineties after Waters had left the band.

Waters has been an irrelevance for the past 25 years.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Roger Waters is generally considered the main, driving creative force behind Pink Floyd.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roger Waters is generally considered the main, driving creative force behind Pink Floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is also, by most accounts, a colossal douchebag. I'd still like to see this concert, though.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Waters is also planning to adapt The Wall for Broadway

[/ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on that part?
Old 06-05-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prior to 1980, I will grant you that Waters had a creative input to the works of Pink Floyd, but musically he has no absolutely talent whatsoever and never has.

I have no idea of the actual figures, but I would wager that the four Floyd albums releases since Waters left all sold at least 5 times the sales of any solo Waters album release.

David Gilmour = Pink Floyd
Roger Waters = bitter and envious
Old 06-05-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Waters is also planning to adapt The Wall for Broadway

[/ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on that part?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has he run out of money already?