Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 PM

Default 44 bluff against tag

9 handed 2-5 NL at Wynn. Villian is a New Yorker who is running his mouth but plays well. He thinks of me as the best player at the table and has seen me make big laydowns and strong moves. I have a great TAG table image. Time to exploit it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Villian has @ 3k. I cover. Villian raises to 40 on the button. I call with blacks 4s in the BB as does an MP limper. 3 to the flop of 9h8s3h. All check to villian who makes it 50. i c/r to 150. Limper folds and villian calls quick. I put him on 10s-Qs. Im sure has doesnt have AA or KK. Turn is a black 9. I fire out 300 quick, he looks agitated and calls after about 30 secs. Now the river comes Kd. I figure the pots too big now and fire out 500. He goes into the tank for five min and...........
results to follow
how my line for a steal?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: 44 bluff against tag

Those betting amounts are very weird. Villain bets 8x BB with one limper preflop, then bets less than half the pot on the flop, and you checkraise, but not enough to take away odds from unpaired overcards? And your final bluff is also less than half the pot?

What are you trying to represent? AA and KK are unlikely holdings for you, because they should have reraised preflop. Were you flat calling raises OOP with hands like T9s? If not, it's very hard for him to put you on a hand that beats TT-QQ. In any case, your river bet is too small to even make him think very hard about calling.

My guess is he had AhKh or KhQh. Bet out on the flop or do a turn stop-and-go.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:47 PM

thats why i thought the hand was so interesting....on the river i didnt wanna overbet and look like a steal, he would have sniffed it out. I had him thinking i had flopped set......and was tryin to get paid
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats why i thought the hand was so interesting....on the river i didnt wanna overbet and look like a steal, he would have sniffed it out. I had him thinking i had flopped set......and was tryin to get paid

[/ QUOTE ]
I sure hope you don't play a set like this, on the flop.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:56 PM

I think villian has AhKh and he won't fold because your bet sizes are too small.
On the flop the pot is 220 and you raise 100
On the turn the pot is 420 and you bet 300
On the river the pot is 1020 and you bet 500
If you want to run a three barrell bluff then you need to be willing to make bigger bets especially on the flop and the river.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:45 PM

So my line dosent look like i flopped a monster and was tryin to get paid?