Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 04:36 PM

Default 3-bet with TPTK Multi-way

SB ($12.85 in chips)
BB: Hero ($58.30 in chips)
Btn ($18 in chips)

SB is bad, and I just picked off a big bluff (busted FD) w/AKhigh for a whole stack about 15 minutes ago. Btn is not good either, and would mini-raise any real hands pre-flop.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Btn calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $.75)
Hero bets $0.75, Btn raises $1.75 to $2.50, SB calls $2.50
Hero, raises $5 to $7.50, Btn folds, SB calls $5

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $18.25)
SB bets $5.10 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.10

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Final Pot $28.45 | Rake $1.35

I don't think I have ever three-bet in a spot like this, but I felt it was the right thing to do. Comments all it all, thanks.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: 3-bet with TPTK Multi-way

Play big pots with big hands.

In this spot I'd expect you to be up against a set or two pair on a rag flop with that much action. I don't think I'd ever 3 bet here.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: 3-bet with TPTK Multi-way

I have to give him cred it for 7-7, or even 4-7, 2-7 and 2-4 here. If he's a bad player, he could easily have played that hand if he sees almost every flop. You can put him on any of the hands that you're behind.

Honestly, my success at NL25 and NL50 is largely due to the fact that I will fire with TPTK and take down the pot, but I don't get married to it if someone is re-raising me. I win and lose small pots with this kind of hand, and that's it (probably slightly more wins, but I don't care to lose my money to a re-raise). If I get re-raised, I'm really done with the hand. Next hand.