Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Anyone else going to WSOP with Absolute Poker?

I received the below e-mail a while ago, but haven't heard anything regarding accomodations, registration, when to get there, extra spending money for airfare, etc... Is anyone else going with Absolute?? Have you received any additional information? My wife and I have a bunch of questions to ask.
1) will there be a meeting place for all players from Absolute?
2) do I HAVE to play or can I take the 10K?
3) what apparal is expected to be worn?
4) will there be a party for qualifier through Absolute? Can spouses attend?
5) is viewing on a first come first serve basis or do family members get premium seating?

Dear Marc ,

Congratulations on winning an entry to the 2006 WSOP Main Event in our WSOP AR MADNESS tournament!

Absolute Poker will book your WSOP entry, and Jen Tidwell, our Events Manager, will be in touch with you shortly to provide you with additional information on the tournament that you will be playing in, and to confirm all of your information.

Good luck at the WSOP, and welcome to Team Absolute!

Richard Frost
Poker Room Manager
Absolute Poker
Old 05-09-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone else going to WSOP with Absolute Poker?

Congrats on the seat!

I'm sure you have to play the seat ... they won't give you the 10K. Other than that, I can't help.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:47 PM

I guess this part of the email basically answers the questions you have:
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker will book your WSOP entry, and Jen Tidwell, our Events Manager, will be in touch with you shortly to provide you with additional information on the tournament that you will be playing in, and to confirm all of your information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2006, 03:55 PM

I qualified for the Main Event at Full Tilt, but I qualified for Event #17 at Absolute. From what I understand they are having a "hospitlity suite" at the RIO but no party. I am surprised they didn't mail you Absolute gear. I got mine a few weeks after I won in the mail and it isn't even the Main Event. You're stil in the Main Event though, I just would of picked a better place to qualify at if I was you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I qualified for the Main Event at Full Tilt, but I qualified for Event #17 at Absolute. From what I understand they are having a "hospitlity suite" at the RIO but no party. I am surprised they didn't mail you Absolute gear. I got mine a few weeks after I won in the mail and it isn't even the Main Event. You're stil in the Main Event though, I just would of picked a better place to qualify at if I was you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had intended on qualifying with Bodog, but I'm certainly not going to pass up this opportunity!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]