Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 05:02 AM

Default Live 10/20 flop play with KK in a big pot

This past weekend, 10/20 at winstar. I open with red kings UTG. A loose fish calls, a loose passive calls, a laggy player calls, then a woman in the CO 3 bets. She's too aggressive preflop, I've seen her open in early position and 3 bet with things like 84s. Postflop she shuts down quickly. It folds to the bb who calls, I cap it, everyone calls.

6 to the flop, 24 small bets. The flop comes down Kc 3d 4c. Ram and Jam, or should I attempt to checkraise in some attempt to chase away the flush/straight draws? Or is that pointless in this huge pot?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Live 10/20 flop play with KK in a big pot

even if you check-raise, gutshots are going to have odds to call.... you flopped top-set, keep pumping. Also, you say she shuts down postflop -- it would be horrendous to see this flop checked through.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:22 AM

Start betting and dont stop. Check raising this flop does nothing as everybody will still be getting odds to call with almost anything anyways.

Ram and Jam baby!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:37 AM

Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM

Given the preflop action, even if you got the CO to fire on the flop, it is doubtful anyone with any sort of draw is going to muck the flop at all. To anyone who isn't an idiot your cap then check on the flop smells that you either have complete rags or you nailed the flop, usually the latter. Your lead may sort of mask the strength of the your hand, it would more look like an AA, AK, or maybe even QQ bet, a cap then check looks awfully suspicious to anyone who has keen post-flop awareness. Your flop bet will prevent the worst from happening, it getting check through to the turn. This may eliminate a hand or two that can not possibly call the flop but may pick up some sort of draw on the turn (ie, say a Jack 10 off, and the 10 is a club and the turn is a club and no one has the flush yet, that hand may suck out on you on the river, I can't see that hand taking a turn for a bet) . If you are lucky the LAG or woman or perhaps fish will raise and then you can make it 30 to go or perhaps if you are sure a bet will be fired to your check you can go ahead and do so on the turn and look for the sandbag. You have to be sure there will be a bet though or else again the check is a bad idea and thus you should lead out once again.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Wait, people are taking this thread seriously? Since when does top set (or any set) need to be protected?