Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Help me and my jacks in this hand

No reads on both villains, only about 3,4 orbits but i have not seen anything out of the ordinary.
The previous 4 hands before this i raised preflop everyone. 3 first in one after an utg limper

I immediatlyl think after it goes capped preflop that im gonna just sit tight and play this passively. Bad move, should i show some aggression at any point. Maybe lead the flop. I also thought about leading the river as the river completed the flushs o if i was beat it be difficult for someone to raise. What do you all think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Help me and my jacks in this hand

i would just bet the flop.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:22 AM

check raise flop to fold out MP1. Or, check call flop then check raise turn. As long as there are no over cards to your J, you should do what you can to fold out opponents.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:30 AM

I like the check/raise on the flop. Chance of folding out MP1 and protecting your hand.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:36 AM

When it is two bets back to you pf, there is a good chance that you are on the draw now. Betting the flop is spewing chips, as you'll almost always get raised.

I'd play it the same way without any reads. Check/call the river; I don't think bet/folding is prudent here.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check raise flop to fold out MP1. Or, check call flop then check raise turn. As long as there are no over cards to your J, you should do what you can to fold out opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they going to fold on the flop or turn that they 3bet/4bet pf?

If Hero is ahead of both villains they have at least 6 outs to beat him and probably a lot more.

If one or more of the villains are ahead, Hero has 2 outs to win.

Most of the time showing aggression, will cost Hero money.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on both villains, only about 3,4 orbits but i have not seen anything out of the ordinary.
The previous 4 hands before this i raised preflop everyone. 3 first in one after an utg limper

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait... you raised 4 hands ago, or you have raised every one of the past 4 hands? Or the last 4 hands you played in were for a raise pre?

Each scenario affects your flop play, because each gives you a different table image.

Because if you raised 4 hands ago, you might need to slow down and call down heads up. I like the c/r to get it heads-up too.

If you've raised every one of the past 4 hands, you might c/r the turn too. They could be trying to bully you off your hand because they're thinking "no way does he have a hand that many times in a row." He could be betting around with overs (AKs is a likely candidate).
Old 05-09-2006, 04:17 PM

You can fold them off overcards. It's a big pot, increase your chances of winning. If you get played back, you can still ditch later.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the check/raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is MP1 going to fold here after 3betting hero's early position raise? And is it worth investing 2 more bets with the strong possibility of a third on the flop?

Betting the flop is spewing and doesn't gain any hand control. I also think we can rule out c/ring the flop since it doesn't do anything to protect our hand against the already huge pot. Therefore, I check/call the flop.

I then think it is between checkraising the turn to try to knock MP1 out or check/calling and betting out on the river. Checkraising the turn seems like the better play to me....

Haupt_234