Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 AM

Default How soft are the pokerstars SSNL games?

i currently play on absolute, but it's not my favorite..game selection isn't the best. i was first thinking about switching to partypoker, but i'm not really rolled enough for their lowest limits (NL25). pokerstars seems like it has tons of different games all the times, and their tourney selection is good too. however i've heard their cash games are pretty hard, and there's not many fish, so it's not as profitable as party. i was just wondering what you guys think about this? how tough are the stars ssnl games? and if they are tough, what's a site that has good (profitable) ssnl cash games for microlimits (NL4 and NL10 specifically).

sorry if it this is a bad thread/in the wrong place, but i figured i could get some advice and maybe spur up interesting discussion at the same time. any input is appreciated.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: How soft are the pokerstars SSNL games?

I have played at Stars for a long time, though the games maybe different then calling station/donkfest that is the party poker, it is just as profitable if not more. Stars has probably the largest player pool for the micro NL tables.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:13 AM

I paly on NL10 and the games are great. Theres about 1/4 of the games with the flop precentage seen in the 60-70 percent. Most of them don't know what htey are doing. Out of like 6 players, only 2, including myself, at the table have VP$IP lower than 30, most are in the 50's and 60's. It's a real easy grind game, but I've still got lots to learn. Are u thikning about playing 6 max or full ring? If you frequent this site and paly tight aggressive, you will have no problem building your roll to paly NL25. I really want to move up to NL25 but I don't have the roll or the skills. I went up once, and lost 2.68 buy in's and thought...man am I getting outplayed? Who knows, I only have about 6k hands in NL10 and like 1k in Nl25. You should try it out and see if you like it, I thikn you will.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:14 AM

PP is the best site in the world for soft competition. I am playing at stars and the competition is much harder... It took me 5-6 buy-ins to properly adjust after just having my pp account closed (i didn't mind them taking the 4k in my account, but the more i think about it, the more i realize it affect my BB/100... it's half the size at PS)

Also, party has beginner tables until you get your roll up if you are a new sign up
Old 05-08-2006, 02:17 AM

Imgoingrock-

Details about your party account being closed plz.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I paly on NL10 and the games are great. Theres about 1/4 of the games with the flop precentage seen in the 60-70 percent. Most of them don't know what htey are doing. Out of like 6 players, only 2, including myself, at the table have VP$IP lower than 30, most are in the 50's and 60's. It's a real easy grind game, but I've still got lots to learn. Are u thikning about playing 6 max or full ring? If you frequent this site and paly tight aggressive, you will have no problem building your roll to paly NL25. I really want to move up to NL25 but I don't have the roll or the skills. I went up once, and lost 2.68 buy in's and thought...man am I getting outplayed? Who knows, I only have about 6k hands in NL10 and like 1k in Nl25. You should try it out and see if you like it, I thikn you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was thinking about probably playing 6max NL10. TAG is pretty much how i (try to) play.

the problem with the party beginner tables is you can only play there for 45 days. i'm not sure if 1.5 months~ is gonna be enough time for me to build up, given my skill level (i'm no shark lol).

thanks for the comments/opinions guys, much appreciated. anyone else?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Imgoingrock-

Details about your party account being closed plz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-08-2006, 02:34 AM

And details on why you don't mind them taking four thousand dollars of yours.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: How soft are the pokerstars SSNL games? *DELETED*

Post deleted by imgoingrock
Old 05-08-2006, 02:44 AM

I dont really care about 4k, i made it in like 4 hours from $200 so eh... it sucks but what can i do

lke i said, i tilted about this for a long time, just typing it out is puttingme on tilt