Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Default The multi-tabling pros, describe your schedule?

Hi, I just wanted to find out how you guys put in 8+ hours per day multi tabling?

These past few days I've been able to put a number of good hours. My trick was to open up my window and blinds, put on my shades, set my FT background to "beach", and it almost sorta felt like I was outside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A good one I heard was playing in 3-hour blocks, and then going to the gym, doing shopping, browsing 2+2 in between. If you really see lucrative tables, stick around for more time.

Another one was 5-minutes stretch breaks every hour. This one definitely helped me.

Music helps to stick to the A-game and not go off on tangents because of some read I picked up off one hand.

I guess putting in 8+/day doesn't have to result in burnout. It's just that sitting down at 8PM like I have been for a whie now really makes it difficult to put in any good hours.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Default Re: The multi-tabling pros, describe your schedule?

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, I just wanted to find out how you guys put in 8+ hours per day multi tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does this? 3 hours/day is the most I can usually do. 6-8 tabling helps me get the hands in though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s. I'm not a pro, but I play a lot.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:11 PM

I'm not a "pro" in that I have a real job that I make significantly more money at than poker. However, I play in blocks unless i'm at good tables or running very well, in which case I can play for 12 hours straight with no breaks other than bathroom or grabbing a beer or something.

Isura is way better than me if he can 6 or 8 table jesus...i do 3, but all I have is a little laptop....no fancy multi-table setup. Probably ought to look into that though.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 PM

The boredom of NL ring can really really play tricks on your mind and lead to a burn out. I managed to play 8 hours a day for almost 3 months and then I crashed. My A game was gone and I couldn't get it right being either to scared and weaktight or overly aggressive.

I switched to SNGs as my main game a couple of months ago, they are a bit easier to grind away for 8 hours a day. There is a inner rythm in those and they are over with in about 35 minutes, where you can take a break or fire up another set (I play six tables usually)

After two months of exclusicely sng's I have started playing a bit of NL ring again, the break has really improved it and my A game is back, but I must admit, for now I will keep sngs as my main game, they are mindless and robotic, but a good workhorse.

Be carefull out there .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (That is all I really wanted to say)
Old 05-07-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After two months of exclusicely sng's I have started playing a bit of NL ring again, the break has really improved it and my A game is back, but I must admit, for now I will keep sngs as my main game, they are mindless and robotic, but a good workhorse.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part about SNGs is very true. It's easier to multitable SNGs than ring game. SNGs are very robotic, so losing concentration and not making reads are not going to kill you totally.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:32 PM

I am not a pro, but if the next month or two goes well then it's likely I will be doing this for a living, so my preparation:

Wake up, breakfast, 2+2, play 1k hands. I listen to Radio 3 while I'm playing, and sneak the odd look at 2+2. Takes about 3 hours 4-tabling. Lunch, do other stuff, another thousand hands. Sometimes more less sometimes less, yesterday I put in a 2k hand second session. I don't take breaks etc while playing, just sit down and go.

I intended to do this 5 days a week, but I've only felt the need for one day off in the last 10 days. I think I'll take a weekend off on monday.

And now it's time for lunch. And a shower. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does this? 3 hours/day is the most I can usually do. 6-8 tabling helps me get the hands in though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s. I'm not a pro, but I play a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a pro either, but if it meant playing 8 hours a day, I wouldn't want to be one.

3 hours is about all I can manage before my game starts slipping. I guess I could do 2x3 hour blocks, but life's too short.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A good one I heard was playing in 3-hour blocks, and then going to the gym, doing shopping, browsing 2+2 in between. If you really see lucrative tables, stick around for more time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i do.

I will play in the morning (usually)--about 1000 hands.

Then, I will go play golf ( i need to start going to the gym again) or whatever errands i need to run ([censored]...i have to go get an oil change).

At some point in the day I will put another 500-1000 hands in --usually around 5 or 6.

It takes me a little longer than most, since I usually only play 4 tables.

It is crucial to get out and do other things that help to get your mind off poker, IMO.

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends dabble in the game and love to tell my about their bad beats and tournament horror stories.

regards,

ness

edited to say: I just sort of made that 2000 hands a day number up. 5ptbb/100 @ 200NL (<---insanely doable) +2000 hands a day = 100K+
Old 05-07-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edited to say: I just sort of made that 2000 hands a day number up. 5ptbb/100 @ 200NL (<---insanely doable) +2000 hands a day = 100K+

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

posting a LOSING MONTH!!!!! in Feb and lack of hands in Jan killed me.

Maybe I should move up, but I am chicken.

regards,

ness