Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 PM

Default New Car Owners

Do you park your new car far away from other cars when you go to the market or the mall to avoid getting dings & scratches? I bought my car about a month ago and friends are speculating how long I'll keep it up.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:06 PM

Default Re: New Car Owners

I just bought myself a new car 2 days ago ('07 Lexus RX 350), and I honestly had not given it much thought. But now that you mention it, yeah, I think it's worth it for your reason and that I could use the extra walking distance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's worth it for your reason and that I could use the extra walking distance

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I've lost a few pounds in the last month.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2006, 10:24 PM

New cars are for suckers.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 PM

Parking in your own little world at a mall and such will only bring more attention to your car, and so I think it will heighten the chance that some teenage brat or some "thug" will think it's some jerk trying to show off, thus going and keying or denting the car.

When I bought my new car last year, I parked away from others for about two weeks.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 PM

I didn't really park away from others too much, but I always took end spots so that only one car can be on my side (50% less likely of a ding) and hugged the non-parking spot edge, so the other car would be far from me. It worked well. Even that got old after a month.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 PM

I did this til some idiot nailed my car cutting though the parking lot. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM

No, and in fact, if someone is parked over the line on his driver's side, I'll pull as close as possible next to him just to piss him off. But then when he cools down, maybe he'll realize it was his own fault for parking like a retard. Probably not though.

I have no dings or scratches on my car.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 PM

5 years ago I bought a new Civic and it got dinged bad in a parking lot the second day I had it by a fat women who had to wedge her SUV door into mine to get out right in front of me and 2 other people one being an on duty cop. She did almost $1000 in damage and was the nasiest bitch you've ever met. It was a total nightmare to settle because she would not return her insurance companies phone calls so I had to sue her and got a judgement by default (she didnt show up for court). I then had to file the judgement with her insurance company who finally paid me almost a year after their customer hit my car.

Now I drive a 2006 RSX Type S, worth about twice what the other car was. I park out of the way of all the SUV's and shopping carts and get a bit more exercise. I could use the exercise anyway after playing online poker for 4 years. My wife makes fun of me for it but my car is 6 months old and does not have a scratch.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5 years ago I bought a new Civic and it got dinged bad in a parking lot the second day I had it by a fat women who had to wedge her SUV door into mine to get out right in front of me and 2 other people one being an on duty cop. She did almost $1000 in damage and was the nasiest bitch you've ever met. It was a total nightmare to settle because she would not return her insurance companies phone calls so I had to sue her and got a judgement by default (she didnt show up for court). I then had to file the judgement with her insurance company who finally paid me almost a year after their customer hit my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like this need to be shot in the face. I've run into my share.