Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Reraised pot with OESD and FD, mega deep stacked

Playing live 8 players 1/3 at the wynn in vegas.

The villian in the hand and myself have had a ton of history. We have both been playing together at the same table for about 5 hours now, and we have yet to play in a huge pot HU yet. Im pretty sure we have an unspoken agreement of 'lets take out the fish and ignore eachother' attitude.

I have about 1500 in chips, he has about 700...

Im mid position, villian is OTB. I look down at 98s. I call, 2 folds, Random fish raises to 12 dollars. Random fish 2 calls. Villian pops it up to 30 all day. I call, and so do the 2 fish.

At this point Im pretty damn sure he has AK, AA or KK for sure. Ive never seen him reraise a pot without thoose hands in all of our history

The flop comes Ks 7s 6c. I check. Both myself and fishes check to villian who pops it up to 60. I push for 600.

I had a fellow 2p2er next to me say that it was a good move in hind sight of it all after the hand.

Good move? or just a huge chip spew?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Reraised pot with OESD and FD, mega deep stacked

This depends on a few things I think.
One, how likely your opponent will fold, if he's the type who will put any amount with AA or tptk here, then this is no good. (obviously, he's not folding KK)
Two, have you played any sets this way? Has he noticed?
Otherwise I might like a call here, a 10 would be a pretty innocuous card and you're almost gaurunteed to double through.
While sure a spade might kill your action, so will a 7 or a 6.
Plus, if you call one of the fishes may come along for the ride.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:44 PM

So against his hands at worst you a 40/60 Underdog versus a set. Your a 51/48 favorite against AA and a 51/48 favorite against AK with As and 56/43 favorite against AK without a spade.

In all likely hood he has AK or AA so even though the FE isn't ideal I think it's worth the bet, personally I'd reraise and call the push but you made the decision quicker. The only hands you worried about are sets and A6s or something similar but you said he can't possibly have them.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:55 PM

He's bet 1/2 the pot and you have a monster draw w 2 fish between you. There is no way I push this here. Ideally a fish w raise and villain will call then you can push over the top and get some more dead money in if villain folds. You have a monster draw and the potential at 4 way action. Pushing either takes down the pot or gets you h2h vs the only hand you're not keen on being against, a set. You probably almost have immediate pot odds to call so do that instead.

If the fish fold and you hit the flush it will be very tough to get money from him oop but if the str8 hits you can go for a cr on the turn. If the flush hits you may have to risk a free river to get some more money from him.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:03 PM

Lead the flop and get some dead money in there before pushing.

KoW
Old 05-06-2006, 02:18 AM

Results:

He thought about it for 3 minutes. Finally he said after questioning me if I had a set, huge draw, etc he folded. He said I folded AQ spades. I showed my 98s and said 'good hand'.

So even though I put him on a COMPLETELY different hand, i did some poker stove and its about 48/52 if he called.

I do definitely do like the call ahead and push to a reraise...I think i was too concentrated on taking down this pot against the guy I didn't think about the other money.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:17 AM

Hrm... interesting. Before reading results I'd call and C/R AI a non-pairing turn.

Looks like if a spade falls I stack off.