Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Are you tired of getting flamed?

Look, I’ve been on here and got some really good info, mostly reading what others have contributed. There have been tremendous posts by top online players.

But, I’ve never been able to post questions. I think out of all the questions I posted, about three of them haven’t been flamed. And, I mean on a very personal nature flaming.

In my latest post, I know I’m going to get flamed, so I try to set it up ahead of time in the header by saying it’s not a rigged post. What happens? The opposite of what I expect!

I’m accused of calling Pokerstars rigged!!

So, even though I go out of my way to express that I don’t think they are rigged, the flamers coming into the post automatically think it’s rigged from the header (the opposite reaction I thought they would have). Here is the post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post4392818

And, in this post, there is literally someone that puts a picture of a battered woman in there (I’m a dude, but I don’t like it that women get hit by cowardly men) as if to suggest that if I don’t shut up, I’ll get my a$$ kicked too.

(Incidentally, I don’t think Stars is rigged.)

This forum was meant for us to share ideas, and answer each others question. It’s like one great big poker think tank. So, when did people start getting so cranky, and why? And, instead of just ignoring a post that they don’t want to answer, and/or don’t have an answer for, why do they attack so hard?

If this is the most intelligent forum for poker on the net:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=3&vc=1
(post 4421582 by Thing85)

...doesn’t that mean the people within it are evolved enough to not hate the way they do? Wouldn’t an intelligent forum, such as this one, answer posts as intelligently as it can, and simply ignore posts that there is either no answer for, or there is no real need to answer?

I should admit that I’ve retaliated in some of my posts which is obviously not taking the high ground. I could have just said nothing, and moved on. However, at one point, I think you can’t help but push back. At one point, there has to be some type of understanding that just because you’re sitting securely behind your PC, you still don’t have to act in a way that you wouldn’t dream of acting if I were standing in front of you.

What is to be done?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Are you tired of getting flamed?

For the last time, Pokerstars isn't rigged. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Dude, this does not merit a new thread (that simply repeats what is already in a thread). Get on with your life already.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Don't say something stupid and you won't get flamed. You failed step 1.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:23 PM

I am starting to think this is that bleeding heart Thundercat or something from high stakes who got flamed to all hell for posting some stupid crap, then told everyone his life story. What on earth is wrong with these people? This crap filling up every forum. We need some good mod abuse to remedy this.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am starting to think this is that bleeding heart Thundercat or something from high stakes who got flamed to all hell for posting some stupid crap, then told everyone his life story. What on earth is wrong with these people? This crap filling up every forum. We need some good mod abuse to remedy this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No life story here.

Next, I'll say something I truly feel, and people will incomprehensibly think I mean the opposite:

Stars isn't rigged man. Seriously, they're not.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 PM

Dude you have to accept that 90% of people who post on forums are little b*tches who walk around afraid to look people in the eye, so they let it all out behind a computer screen.. and I've noticed its like this at almost any forum I've been on.

Forums won't change, so just do your best to pull out the good info from all the self-serving sh*t-talk.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:04 PM

You claimed you weren't saying that Stars is rigged, but might be "screwed up." Then you claimed that saying it might be "screwed up" is totally different from being "unintentionally rigged" when someone suggested that.

When you understand why this is very, very funny to us, you will understand why you got flamed.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At one point, there has to be some type of understanding that just because you’re sitting securely behind your PC, you still don’t have to act in a way that you wouldn’t dream of acting if I were standing in front of you.

What is to be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try this guys line. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Hey, I don't really think you are a douche, but sometimes it seems like you act really douche-like. Not that I am saying I believe you are a douche, but man, what a douche.