Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 PM

Default NLCASH - Flopped set - but 3 str8 cards show

Have about 70 hands with villian. All in all, he's been taking my money when he flops good and I don't believe him. He seems to minraise when he makes his hand but sample size is small.

Looking at his stats now...he raises any pair, any K. Interestingly, he limps Ax and any suited including crap like Q3s. Don't have any big A hands in my tiny sample size.

Villian rivers trip 3's after flopping bottom pair with Q3s to my flopped A4o TPNK + gutshot. He minraises my 1/2 pot river bet.

UB HU 50NL Cash

Villian $92 Button
Hero $91

Villian raises to 1.50 (standard for us). Hero calls OOP with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop (Pot $3)

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $3, Villian calls

Turn (Pot $9)

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $9, Villian raises pot to $36, Hero...

I've been c-betting everything. Is villian "snapping" off a c-bet, which he hasn't done or did he hit his AQo.

Villian has about a PSB left behind seems like a no brain push.

If villian has air, I'm not getting anymore from him, right? Meaning I can't call and hope he bluffs the river?

I need to charge any draw.

If the queen helped him, he's probably not going anywhere and I can get it in.

I'm not folding a set on this board HU for 100BB...how about close to 200BB, 300BB? I'm not Hellmuth, I go broke for 200BB here. Leak?

HU is obviously a lot of feel, can anyone give me their HU checklist/thought pattern of analysis for a hand like this?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 AM

Default Re: NLCASH - Flopped set - but 3 str8 cards show

honestly, my thought pattern is "i have a set, allin". i dont know if i have ever folded a set HU. his range is a lot wider than a straight. do whatever you think is best to make sure you stack him, be it pushing, or calling and leading, or whatever.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:30 PM

Go allin.

If you are behind, you probably still have 10 outs.

If you are ahead you don't want to see a spade, 4,5,9,T on the river - because you won't know if you are ahead or not - so better to go in now.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:10 AM

I beat him to the pot here. You lead the flop, why didn't he raise? Does he normally do that when you lead his PF raises? Either way, my stack is in the middle on this one.