Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Anyone Make More BB/100 on a Harder Site/Limit/Game?

Excluding the effects of rakeback and bonuses, has anyone found that they are more successful, strickly in terms of BB/100 at the tables, at any particular Site, Limit or Game Variation that is generally considered more difficult than some other?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] For instance, does anyone actually make more BB/100 at some site other than Party than at Party?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Does anyone actually produce a higher BB/100 at a higher limit than a lower one?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Does anyone actually realize a better BB/100 at a particular game that is generally considered tougher than some other one where you don't do as well?

While being able to get such results is counterintuitive and not what one would find on average, I'm wondering if this might occur sometimes because a persons particular style of play matches up better with the style usually found at a particular site, limit or game.

Once again, this question refers only to success at the table, not the effect of taking a hit on BB/100 because a rakeback deal or bonus more than makes up it.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone Make More BB/100 on a Harder Site/Limit/Game?

Yes, but I'm moving up the limits as my bankroll allows &
my game is improving as a result. So my win rate is better because I'm always learning.

I've played in all limits $5/$10 and below and $0.50/$1 was the hardest. I could go back and see if I could beat it now (but it would be a waste of my time)
Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 PM

when in comes to 6/3 and below. i always my made highest BB/100 at absolute and gamesgrid. both sites are known to be pretty rocky/full of bonus chasers. i personally always felt like anyone playing a very aggressive game just mowed over all the players at either of those sites.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 PM

I had a better winrate at 1/2 than at .5/1 and a better winrate at 3/6 and 5/10 than at 2/4. That's primarily due to variance though. Except for 5/10, the other samples are less than 10k hands per level.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:44 AM

My friend is a huge winner at 50/100 and hates playing 20/40 and lower. Claims his winrate is lower.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:54 AM

So why do you feel $0.50/$1 was the hardest? Any suggestions.

I've been working my way through the micros and this limit seems to be a problem for me as well.

[ QUOTE ]

I've played in all limits $5/$10 and below and $0.50/$1 was the hardest. I could go back and see if I could beat it now (but it would be a waste of my time)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2006, 07:37 AM

Interesting. I'm now rolled for $1/2 but was waiting to confirm winning status at $0.5/1 (3BB/100 but only after about 4k hands mostly party some prima thrown in). Maybe I should just go for it.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I'm now rolled for $1/2 but was waiting to confirm winning status at $0.5/1 (3BB/100 but only after about 4k hands mostly party some prima thrown in). Maybe I should just go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe Lawman, but the reason this thread is of interest is specifically because it is about anomolys to what most people generally experience. I would recommend you not use it as an endorsement for moving up in limits, especially since you have only 4k hands. The 1/2 game at Party is substantially different from their .5/1 game which is often a topic of discussion in the Microlimit forum.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 1/2 game at Party is substantially different from their .5/1 game which is often a topic of discussion in the Microlimit forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bow to your superior knowledge. In any event I think there is too much pressure on people to move up - I will stay put for a while longer.

A question for you though: My 5k hands are over 2 months, with a lot of review in pokertracker and reading in-between. Some people will multitable that in days. I would not argue that any winrate is meaningful over such a small sample, but is it not likely that I am gaining more useful experience over someone who blasts through the same number of hands in less than a week?
Old 01-13-2006, 04:45 PM

well im -10BB/100 at 1/2 but im only -2BB/100 at 2/4 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] So im awesome at 2/4 right?