Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Going to Ibiza

I am currently in Iraq working for this crappy company called Halliburton and I will be taking my r&r in July. I have decided to goto Ibiza, Spain. My question is, has anyone here been there and where are the hotspots and best hotels to stay at. I will be going for 14 days so i will have plenty of time to waste. I have also tried sites such as ibiza-hotels.com and ibiza-spotlight.com but they weren't very much help. Any information is helpful.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Going to Ibiza

I worked there for 4 summers as a holiday rep....

What exactly do u want to know...?

Vava

**I'm off to bed shortly (GMT), but will look at this again in the morning if I'm asleep by the time you post again...**
Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 PM

What is the probability that a below average looking guy can end up having sex on Ibiza with a decent looking girl within one week?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 PM

I am looking for bars, clubs, hotels that do most of the partying, and of course the beaches.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 PM

I will also be going through Dubai and I suggest the York International Club for anyone who goes there. It is pretty much an upper class brothel house.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 PM

Good to know Halliburton is using our tax dollars efficiently!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good to know Halliburton is using our tax dollars efficiently!

[/ QUOTE ]

glad you don't realize that we work 12 hours a day 7 days a week without one single day off for 4 months straight till our vacation.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I worked there for 4 summers as a holiday rep....

What exactly do u want to know...?

Vava

**I'm off to bed shortly (GMT), but will look at this again in the morning if I'm asleep by the time you post again...**

[/ QUOTE ]

Vavoom,

In what ways were your experiences as a holiday rep simmilar or different from what is depicted on the tv show "Is Harry on the Boat"?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 AM

TheHusky - It was very similar to Harry on the Boat in what the job entailed...

But I worked for Club 18-30....There were less drugs taken by the reps and not so much of a competition to sleep with girls but a lot of crazy behaviour went on...

Peter666 - A below average guy can sleep with several girls in a week in Ibiza...Its all about perception and confidence...People on holiday normally do things they wouldn't normally...You just have to go with the flow sometimes...Be funny, be entertaining and arguably you can be someone your not back home...

OP = Dfwben - I'll post to you what I sent another poster a couple of months back as its still all pretty applicable...but change it to whats relevant to you...

Right, I'll start from the top...

14 days is fine...However, it would help if u gave me some idea of your budget? There are some fantastic hotels out there but the better ones cost more...However, they can be booked direct from their websites... If you give me an idea of what exactly you are out there for then I could probably direct you to something that is more suited to you...

Saturday Night = Pacha (Not sure what night is on there yet but it'll be one that suits....

Sunday DayTime = We [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sundays @ Space... This is a must !!!!! (This goes on til Monday 6am)

Sunday Evening = Depends on your state from Pacha & Space....I would recommend an evening doing the bar scene in Ibiza Town...a meal and seeing the sights (There is a big Gay presence in Ibiza Town but the restaurants/bars/nightlife is amazing)

Monday AM = DC10's - Daytime club similar to Space but more nuts...And that takes some doing...

Monday Evening = I would suggest going to San Antonio and visiting a sunset cafe (Cafe Del Mar/Mambos/Savannah's) for the sunset/preparties and a meal...Then onto the Biggest Night On the Island...MANUMISSION @ Privilege...This is a crazy crazy night...

Tuesday AM = After Party @ Space or Bora Bora Beach...

The above is just a brief glimpse of what goes on in a 4 day period...I would suggest taking it a bit slower out there :

I would recommend staying in Ibiza Town if you want it older/more cultured etc, as opposed to San An which is very young/group holidays/british....

However, I worked in San An for 4 years and this is where a lot of the young persons action will be...They have "A West End" loaded with approx 90-100 bars and the drinks are cheap and you will get properly on it!!!

The clubs on the Island :

*Es Paradis - San An - Go there for the DJ Sammy Water Party

*Eden - San An - Best to go there on a busier night like Judgement Sundays

*Privilege - San Rafal - Go there for Manumission (Biggest club / Biggest club night in the world IIRC)

*Amnesia - San Rafal (opposite Privilege) - Cream is held here...

*Space - Playa D'en Bossa - Go there on a Sunday during the day - Its an Ibizan Must !

*Pacha - Ibiza Town - This is where all the good looking people go......

*El Divino - Ibiza Town - Similar to Pacha....The best night here when I worked there was Hed kandi...

I never took drugs but it seemed to make 75~80% of the island tick...E's / Coke / Ketamine - Out there in abundance....You will get pestered by the lookie-lookie men....or speak to the workers etc......They will point you in the right direction...

Ibiza is very expensive but if you paced these 14 days - TRUST ME, you would never forget them ever...

RADIO 1 WEBSITE Look on here for details about Ibiza...and what nights are on what days...Manumission & We sundays @ Space are the 2 must do events over there IMO....

If its not too much of an invasive question, let me know what your willing to spend on hotels and I'll tell you what your best options are both in San An & Ibiza Town (Old Town)... Hotels that can be booked direct....:

Let me have a think about that...?

I used to work for Club18-30 like I said..The accomodation was always pretty decent for what the holidays actually cost....Same goes for those type of tour operators...Ie Twentys/Freestyle/Escapades...You will get young people type hotels if you go with these companies...

Uphospitality was a company that started as I left...I know the owners extremely well and they can be very helpful...Their website is also full of decent information... UpHospitality

Any other questions feel free to ask..

Vava
Old 05-03-2006, 10:41 AM

Dear Vavavoom,

I've heard that Ibiza was sweet five years ago, but it totally lame now. Is this true?

-mp