Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM

Default OT: Psychology; Higher Limits = Better Players?

When I started playing 11s at party, I always thought: " Well if I can acheive a 20%+ ROI%, I can make a good earn" - One month later I was at the 22s with the same philosophy.

Don't get me wrong, I've handled my share of downswings, but I am still amazed at what levels people are terrible. I'm currently going between 33s/55s on party, and I'm still amazed. I guess my question is, there must be some level where it is almost impossible to acheive a + ROI%.

What I mean is, if you're always playing against 2 or 3 2+2ers at the 109s, chances are well you're ROI% wont be Out of control. I don't get it. Is there really "recreationnal" (spell? i'm french hate me later) at the 109s as well? How do you get you're edge.

Oh well if this month goes as well as my previous ones, I might take a shot in the dark at the 109s... Wish me luck.

FTF (still lost)
Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: OT: Psychology; Higher Limits = Better Players?

It is still possible to have a good ROI at higher levels. There are some recreational players that play almost any level sng esp on Party.

Also another thing to think about. When you know all your opponents are good players how would you modify your strategy to exploit their keen awareness at the table? It's not so much knowing that there will be bad players than knowing which players are bad and which are solid. Both can be exploited if you play it right.

J
Old 05-02-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is still possible to have a good ROI at higher levels. There are some recreational players that play almost any level sng esp on Party.

Also another thing to think about. When you know all your opponents are good players how would you modify your strategy to exploit their keen awareness at the table? It's not so much knowing that there will be bad players than knowing which players are bad and which are solid. Both can be exploited if you play it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

A n00b without a moronic 1st post!!! welcome to the forum! WOOHOO, ive saved 5 seconds of my life!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

just because you're rich, doesn't mean you're smart.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 PM

I think the longterm ROI at the $530's is pretty low(Unless your MajorPolk). This might be why most of the balla's are switching to cash games.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:10 PM

I guess you guys are right, I just have a mentality that everyone went through what I did, and they are just more advanced.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:14 PM

I am an idiot. I apologize to AMT.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A n00b without a moronic 1st post!!! welcome to the forum! WOOHOO, ive saved 5 seconds of my life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats so bad about this post? And whats the point of being a total dick to him? AMT I think you need to get a few things straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that he's thankful that this guy's first post was good...
Old 05-02-2006, 04:18 PM

I think he was serious.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats so bad about this post? And whats the point of being a total dick to him? AMT I think you need to get a few things straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that he's thankful that this guy's first post was good...

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies AMT.

I misread the post, I thought he said it WAS moronic. Again I am a [censored]. My bad.