Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 AM

Default 100/200 Party. Big trap.

I don't have much by the way of stats because I'm rarely playing these games.

At the time of this hand I've seen Indigoae bet, bet, check/call K high on an Axx board that's not particularly drawy after reraising preflop, as well as openlimp in some late position. Turbo911 appears TAGish.

Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Re: 100/200 Party. Big trap.

I really don't like it, as it looks like you have JJ-KK and aren't folding. Therefore, you will only get a get from teh third ace, which won't fold if you check-raise the turn anyway. Furthermore, if the turn caller has something like QK, he might even call you c/r because of how big the pot has become. I think you're just overthinking this a bit to be honest, people are payoff monkeys in this game, you have played the hand weird, so they will be inclined to look you up a lot. I love the inital turn check though, now raise it up.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM

Seems good, if you pop the turn it's very unlikely you will get called by anything. I might lead the river, because you don't want it to get checked through and you might get raised by an ace/as a bluff.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM

I'm trying to figure out why you didn't raise the turn here after your check induces a bet and a call. Since the pot is large, you may get called by weak draws like K-J or something. You very well may collect zero on the river if you raise the turn, but they may not have put money in anyway.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out why you didn't raise the turn here after your check induces a bet and a call. Since the pot is large, you may get called by weak draws like K-J or something. You very well may collect zero on the river if you raise the turn, but they may not have put money in anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 PM

I think the with 3 players behind OTR one will bet often enough for this to be profitable, the question becomes who and if it's profitable to raise or go for overcall's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems good, if you pop the turn it's very unlikely you will get called by anything. I might lead the river, because you don't want it to get checked through and you might get raised by an ace/as a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i like the idea of a river bet a lot
Old 05-02-2006, 07:21 AM

Am I the only one who simply bets the flop? regarding your reads he will pay you off with big pockets anyway. why wasting so much value here by playing so passivly?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Results

Ok, so I was assuming BB was TAG, and that his turn bet was probably an A, possibly a T or worse (he just coldcalled preflop, so no KK-JJ). If he's got an A, then waiting until the river works perfectly because I give the button another chance to call a bet. If not, well then I could be missing bets, but would someone I assume is TAG really call my protected pot turn CR with just KT?

In the end it worked perfectly. BB bet again, button called, I CR'ed, BB called, and button folded. BB had JJ. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well, probably not "TAG", but when I played the hand, that was my assumption.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Results

I don't get what your faces are all about?