Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 PM

Default T8s, I speculate

BB is aggressive preflop and raises a wide range of hands, including any two broadway, most pocket pairs, suited aces/kings, etc.

Button is a very odd player. His preflop raising and 3-betting range is very wide -- he's raised Q9o with limpers, and he's 3-bet A3o. A few hands ago he 3-bet BB's raise and showed K-high. However, he's normally very passive postflop, to the point where he'll check/call along with top pair.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP folds.

River: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ...
Old 04-30-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: T8s, I speculate

folds for the 3 bet preflop ?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM

yeah I'd fold preflop when it comes back for two more.

i'd put in a bunch more bets on the flop.. check/3bet looks fun.

i'd definitely cap that river.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:37 PM

I don't know what the question is, but the answer is don't fold.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the question is

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, probably because there are so many of them:

Fold preflop even given reads?

Bet/3bet flop? Check-3bet flop?

Cap or call river?

(For what it's worth, I've been a full ring limit player for a while now and thought I'd try out shorthanded. I'm trying to figure out (probably badly at the moment) what adjustments to make, so I might be posting a few hands that appear pretty routine to y'all more experience folks.)
Old 04-30-2006, 06:14 PM

Your preflop call is probably a bit loose, but I don't hate it, since it appears the pot is going to get very large.

BB's raise on the river is scary IMO because it appears he played the hand like he had something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. (You're read was that he was aggressive but I'm assuming he wasn't an idiot.) I definitely call the two bets back to me and make a crying call if BB caps.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:39 PM

call preflop given your good reads.

Call river, I wouldnt cap,
Old 04-30-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop even given reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Even though he may 3-bet and cap with crap you have some crap yourself and you'll be hardpressed to make it to showdown with just a T or an 8 when the BB and button want to go to war.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3bet flop? Check-3bet flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I check/3-bet here. It doesnt look like the BB or MP are folding and I love me some equity.

[ QUOTE ]
Cap or call river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just call. You can give BB any of 3 hands AK: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], JJ. Two combos of hands that make flushes, three combos of JJ. Either is likely so folding isn't really an option and BB might just cap the river with JJ anyway.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 PM

If BB has you beat it's getting capped anyway, but if he doesn't and you have the best hand you only get 3BB from each. I can see an argument for capping just for that reason, but the fact that button may well have us beat goes against that. I don't really know what to make of him, an overpair/set or AK/AQ/KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I guess I call but I can see capping for the reason I stated.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Preflop is questionable even with reads because even the doofus finds a hand now and then and you will be OOP. I don't hate it though.

I like a bet/3bet on this flop.

River looks ugly but you have to call.