Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 11:34 PM

Default 4 hands from a -60 BB live 5/10 session

I dumped $600 in the Resorts EC 5/10 game this afternoon, making for my worst live poker session ever. For the most part, it just wasn't my day (in accordance with forum rules, I won't go into the sordid details), but the following four hands stick out as possibly poorly played by me. Commentary would be appreciated.

Hand 1: I limp KcJc from LP behind 5 others. Flop is Ks9sX.

Pimp in EP, sporting a red warmup suit and matching baseball cap, bets out. I call with 2 others.

Turn bricks. Pimp bets, I raise, old guy behind me chasing his spade calls anyway. So does pimp.

River bricks. Check-bet-fold-call. Playa has K9o.

Hand 2: I limp QcJc UTG. MP raises, and 5-6 call, including me.

Flop is J-8-2r, and I lead. MP quickly folds, but moron to his left (who raises any flop that hits him) raises. Button (good young player, as far as I can tell) calls, as do I, another player, and moron.

Turn a Q. I check intending to CR (really don't think he has 910). Moron bets, but button raises. I call, other player folds, moron calls.

River bricks. Check-bet-call-call. Button asks if I have 88. I shake my head, and he tables 22.

Hand 3: New guy to the table in EP raises it up. 4 or 5 call, and I'm in the SB with AJo. I decide to see it.

Flop is AsJs9. I lead. BB calls, raiser calls, two others call.

Turn bricks, same line.

River is the Qd. I bet, BB raises, folded to me, I 3 bet, BB calls. I table my hand, BB curses and flips over 99.

And finally: Young decent player (button from hand 2) raises UTG, I call from MP with 44, luckbox on button who apparently has won a rack in less than an hour calls, and BB calls.

Flop is 4-7-8, one diamond. BB leads, PF raiser calls, I call, luckbox calls.

Turn is another diamond. BB leads again. Raiser folds. I raise. Luckbox fingers his chips while studying the board, then calls, as does BB.

River is the Jd. BB checks, I bet, luckbox raises. BB folds. I toss my 44 face-up onto the board, grab my chips (no rack necessary, thank you) and leave.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 4 hands from a -60 BB live 5/10 session

Hand 1:

Raise preflop for value. Raise the flop for both value and protection. As played, turn and river look good.

Hand 2:

Looks good until the turn. I think you need to take some sort of aggressive action here. I think the c/r would have been good. I think you should have still followed through with it. You're probably good here a decent percentage of the time. You could protect your hand vs an A kicker or GS straight draw. (I didn't count the pot, so I don't know if you have odds to call the turn to boat it up) I think generally, you played this hand fine.

Hand 3:

Fold preflop. I'm not sure if I always 3-bet this river against an unknown.

Hand 4:

Fold preflop against a decent player's ep raise unless there are coldcallers in between; you probably aren't in good shape against his range. Other than that, you played this fine. I might 3-bet the river against some opponents, but you can't fold here.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:57 PM

All four hands seem at least a little unlucky.

On hand one, I raise the flop, I don't want anyone to beat with two goofy pair, even though that is what already happened.

On hand three, I don't think a threebet on the river is a good idea.

On hand four, I call just incase he is raising with two pair on the river.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:51 AM

You really need to study Small Stakes Hold'em by Miller et al.