Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 88 preflop omfg so cute

[ QUOTE ]
Does MP2 cap CO's 3-bet 100%? Does CO look like he's nutty postflop also, or just preflop? Can CO find a fold postflop, or are you going to have to show down the best hand?

MP2 capping, especially if that doesn't allow you to narrow his hand range, makes me want to muck. Same if the answer is "yes" or "I don't know" to the two questions about CO. Your implieds aren't great in this situation, unless BOTH you and MP2 hit, and you're going to be nervous playing against about half the deck if it's HU between you and CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think MP2 is rarely capping unless he has AA or KK
Old 05-08-2006, 12:39 PM

If there were other limpers you could count on calling the raises I would be tempted to call. If you though BB would call I think I would want to call.

As stated though, I think you have to fold this for 2.5 SB.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does MP2 cap CO's 3-bet 100%? Does CO look like he's nutty postflop also, or just preflop? Can CO find a fold postflop, or are you going to have to show down the best hand?

MP2 capping, especially if that doesn't allow you to narrow his hand range, makes me want to muck. Same if the answer is "yes" or "I don't know" to the two questions about CO. Your implieds aren't great in this situation, unless BOTH you and MP2 hit, and you're going to be nervous playing against about half the deck if it's HU between you and CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think MP2 is rarely capping unless he has AA or KK

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a muck no matter what. The best you can reasonably hope for is a low flop and the TAG folds to your flop bet, leaving you HU and trying to dodge half the deck against the maybe-LAG, who might be ahead of you already (even true LAGs sometimes catch a hand). If you thought that BB would see the flop and pad the pot for you, it's much closer, but I still think it's too expensive preflop.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing I think you should cap, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I only just now realized we're in the SB.

My main reason was it gives the TAG a chance to fold, and we get the blinds out. #2 doesn't seem quite as important now, and obviously bloating a pot OOP is a bit worse than in position. I believe coldcalling 3 would be best if the other factors weren't a concern.

But really, capping and coldcalling both feel icky, and when you look at teh stove it's gotta be right to just fold.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM

Just fold it. Two players say they have good hands, you're out of position, you don't have set value and there will be an overcard on the flop 86,7% of the time.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:01 PM

easy fold for me