Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Has Party changed it\'s disconnect policy?

I had a similar problem. I lost connection and then I reconnect with 1 second of act time left. So the hand was folded. I had the top full house and other dude just bet like pot on river. It was quite clear that I wasnt going to fold this hand or abuse any DP policy so I just complained and complained and finally party gave me the money I lost in the pot. However, I got it credited as a bonus so I had to play like 5 times the hands or similar...
Old 01-06-2006, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope they get rid of disconnect protect on ALL ONLINE GAMES, if you can't afford a stable internet connection then don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres nothing wrong with my broadband connection...thats the point. And I agree with both your points.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
poker prophecy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker prophecy is similiar to poker edge, but it's the sit and go version. It keeps track of all (they calim that but it does about 75%) of the SNG's on pp. Basically it tells you how you're doing, and where you "rank in the food chain." The titles go from pro all the way down to fish. You just type in yours or someone else's name and it gives you details of where they rank, what buy in they usually play, etc. etc.

Party has banned the use of any program that shares databases. Since that's exactly what poker prophecy does party banned it. People were warned (like myself) to stop using it, and if use continued accounts were frozen and funds forfieted.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 AM

Ok, first you used a banned software?

And then they warned you? And then you continued with it?

And now you dislikes that they banned you?

Is this the case?

//Pug
Old 01-06-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this the case?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly. I received theirs warns messages in my spam box. I saw them after I was banned. And moreover I never used this soft while I was playing ( and I was 4 multitabling on a 15 pouces screen ) so I would have to be very motivated to use this garbage soft.

That's why I dislike the fact I was banned. I never talked about it. It's the first time and I believe there is no need to talk about it again since nobody can help me.

The purpose of my OP was to underline the fact that PartyPoker can be Blunt and Draconian in their methods.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:32 AM

Ok, I understand yout point. If you did not knew it was forbidden then it's hard to be banned. Altough I think party where doing right.

About OP. I prefer No DP-sites with no exception. Have really hated the situations where a guy have had a good connection in 45 minutes of playing and then when I have gone all in vs him he have got some technical issues within 2 seconds.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is this the case?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly. I received theirs warns messages in my spam box. I saw them after I was banned. And moreover I never used this soft while I was playing ( and I was 4 multitabling on a 15 pouces screen ) so I would have to be very motivated to use this garbage soft.

That's why I dislike the fact I was banned. I never talked about it. It's the first time and I believe there is no need to talk about it again since nobody can help me.

The purpose of my OP was to underline the fact that PartyPoker can be Blunt and Draconian in their methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird, cause I got a personal phone call from them. Also, why are pp emails going into your junk mail? That seems to be your problem.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 PM

I don't like the all-in DP, but I think they really really really need to replace it with a timebank. Pretty much all home internet connections have issues at some time or another. Even if your home->isp connection has 100% uptime (very unlikely, even on a business line), packets can and will go missing at other points along your route to the server.

I had a problem a few weeks ago where I would disconnect once every day or so for about 40-50 seconds. This isn't very long, but one time it happened at the worst possible moment. It was annoying because I'd manage to get back on (the poker software I was using would take its time reconnecting after the line went back up too) during the start of the next hand.

The higher stakes you go, the more important it is. I can't imagine the anguish of playing 50/100 heads up and disconnecting during a large pot. HU it's pretty obvious that they should just wait as long as it takes (say 5 minutes max? 10?), as there aren't going to be any other hands played anyway. Larger tables need a timebank.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the all-in DP, but I think they really really really need to replace it with a timebank. Pretty much all home internet connections have issues at some time or another. Even if your home->isp connection has 100% uptime (very unlikely, even on a business line), packets can and will go missing at other points along your route to the server.

I had a problem a few weeks ago where I would disconnect once every day or so for about 40-50 seconds. This isn't very long, but one time it happened at the worst possible moment. It was annoying because I'd manage to get back on (the poker software I was using would take its time reconnecting after the line went back up too) during the start of the next hand.

The higher stakes you go, the more important it is. I can't imagine the anguish of playing 50/100 heads up and disconnecting during a large pot. HU it's pretty obvious that they should just wait as long as it takes (say 5 minutes max? 10?), as there aren't going to be any other hands played anyway. Larger tables need a timebank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with party needing a time bank. I think say an additional 90 second time bank for hose quick disconnects or to make better decisions would be GREAT, just like pokerstars does for tournaments.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:36 AM

They got rid of it because people would abuse it to get free showdowns. Personally I'm happy it's gone, no more DP cheating.