Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: My Turn Action

Why wouldn't he play Ax like this?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have QQ, i'm just never folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about 88, 99, TT? these hands are put under a bunch of pressure in that spot. i also think they make up a decent part of his range. i agree QQ, JJ and i don't know about TT go to showdown. showdown frequency may depend on the river card, of course. but live it really depends on the player, and a TON of 4/8 players aren't folding enough.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't he play Ax like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess because he wouldn't limp ax up front? I dunno, doesn't seem beyond the 4/8 pale to me.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: 77 UTG. Come out on a limb with me.

You have a drawing hand worth about 5 outs. 2 outs to the 7s, a 3 flush draw and 3 straight draw worth about ......3 outs combined? Kind of a weird one as its a one carder for both but you have a straight flush draw so I figure 3 outs based on thinking in SSHE. ( Comments from Ed Miller welcome here) Only 8 bets in the pot. Betting out isnt that bad a play, if noone has an A maybe you are good and the pot/implied odds arent that bad. However my instinct in this position would be to check and let it come back to me as a 10 or 11 bet pot unraised, see the turn for one bet.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: The Turn

That 2nd ace is a bad card.

The call from the PFR looks like one of two things:
Big Pocket Pair or slowplaying AK or more
If he has a hand like JJ, the 2nd Ace will keep him in the
hand because It's now more likely I have something else.
Of course, most folks just can't lay down KK-TT here with or without that 2nd ace, if I try to lead with 77 here, I will back down if called.

BTW, I'm also leading here with an Ace-Ten. I mightlay it down if raised, but I'm not going passive and I'm not going to check-raise either unless opponent is very wild.

I think I like leading with 77 here, but it feels too cute for a 4-8 game. If people know I will bet my aces here, then my 77 could get a fold, but somehow people just can't let go of their big pairs, so until they start laying down when I bet my actual Aces, I'll save my chips for another move.

People love to create the scenario that makes calling correct. JJ will call because I might be betting a draw. Now maybe the reality is that this bet is an Ace or better most of the time, but that won't matter. I "could" be drawing, so they call as if that is my hand.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: The Turn

I limp in with 77 UTG although some will say fold it UTG. Unless the table is crazy then I might fold it PF. But 4/8 or lower I'm playing this hands most of the time UTG. If you are going to play this hand post flop I think leading is best and then see what happens from there.