Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Don\'t steal \"my\" blinds, aggrofish!

Party 15/30 (8-handed)
Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Folded to aggrofish in the CO who raises, hero 3-bets, blinds fold, aggrofish calls.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Aggrofish checks, hero bets, aggrofish calls.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Aggrofish checks, hero bets, aggrofish checkraises, hero 3-bets, aggrofish folds (finally realizing I have a hand, you idiot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Eat poop, and leave the blinds for me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Don\'t steal \"my\" blinds, aggrofish!

aggrofish v. aggrofish ....a battle for the ages .....
Old 01-02-2006, 07:37 PM

Funny thing is that he puts me on a better and better hand range the more bets go in, while I put him on any two regardless. Since he does not know the art of calling down, I am more than 50% likely to win the pot as long as it gets big enough (since he will not call my last bet on the river as much as 50% of the time) and thus it gets +EV for me to raise and raise every time with any two.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is that he puts me on a better and better hand range the more bets go in, while I put him on any two regardless. Since he does not know the art of calling down, I am more than 50% likely to win the pot as long as it gets big enough (since he will not call my last bet on the river as much as 50% of the time) and thus it gets +EV for me to raise and raise every time with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when you factor in possible disconnects, this becomes hugely +EV
Old 01-03-2006, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 15/30 (8-handed)
Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Folded to aggrofish in the CO who raises, hero 3-bets, blinds fold, aggrofish calls.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Aggrofish checks, hero bets, aggrofish calls.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Aggrofish checks, hero bets, aggrofish checkraises, hero 3-bets, aggrofish folds (finally realizing I have a hand, you idiot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Eat poop, and leave the blinds for me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the action I'd say its pretty damn likely you had the best hand the whole way. But then again, you knew that. Well played.