Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Door Gym--anybody try it/own it?

Everlast and others make versions of this. I've seen them very well reviewed by people in other forums I trust.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm looking to expand my home gym (currently a collection of free weights + an elliptical) & i think i need to add something that reall works my back/lats. i've come up with this option:

http://www.doorgym.net/

anyone have any experience w/ this? i'd prefer this over a tower due to the space requirements of a tower. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought this, it's ok, not very stable, doesn't allow you to use adequate spacing for pulls ups, chin ups, it only has like one setting basically where they put the foam pads, so you are locked into doing pulls where they want....i.e. sometimes i wnat to do wide, sometimes i want shoulder width, closed grip, chin up, etc, i recently upgraded to the pull up bar by this guy/site www.againfaster.com, it's getting shipped to me so i can tell you in a few days, a tower would be the [censored] but i don't have the room either...
Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 PM

I have one of these that I bought from Champs Sports ~10 years ago. I've used it in several different apartments/houses and I never had a significant problem.

It will cause some minor scrapes/fatigue to the top of the doorway, but nothing major.

I had another problem with a place where the doorway was an abnormal size so it was resting on a non-padded part. I think it would of caused damage if I had used it on that door.

Overall I endorse this product.