Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: The Phil Ivey Challenge??

Am I the only one that thinks he has <5% chance of doing this, even if he put his mind to it?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thinks he has <5% chance of doing this, even if he put his mind to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ivey has less than 5% chance. He has no patience. Online he has no read advantages. He may not be able to play more than 4 tables simultaneously. If he follows Jesus' bankroll requirements it will take forever.

Also how many tries does he get? First time busto, is the bet over with Ivey losing? Then definitely < 5%.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of dumb in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Love how every here knows Ivey so well that they can determine if he's serious and if he will do it or not. Why does he need side action to do this? Let's see, profit of $995,000 not enough..he needs more reason to do so. Last time I checked, he had a huge ego (like most players do) and stock in the company. He does this, FullTilt will make noise about it and push it in the magazines, FT will add more members which means more rake and more revenue and his stock goes up up. There's the real +EV.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM

The bet is nothing without a time restriction. Any winning poker player can turn any amount of money (that allows him to be sufficiently rolled for 'some' game) into another amount of money, given enough time. How about.. 3 months? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey said on ESPN the pokeredge that he could one up Chris Ferguson and turn 5,000 bankroll into a million and not go broke. Chris Ferguson said he might take up the bet.

Personally I think 5,000 is a lot to start with. But I don't think he could stand playing such low limits.

He first mentioned having ten tries with a bankroll of 1,000 but thats basically BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
in how long?

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't mention any specifics like that.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much money do you think this guy really has? I don't think he can just go blowing million dollar bets and have it mean nothing. 500k would definately be enough to motivate him.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it was apparent Ivey was going to lose $200,000 on the Eric Lindgren golf bet, Ivey said he didn't care about losing the 200,000 as as long as Eric suffered. His bankroll must be pretty solid.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM

I think it was confirmed he made like $20mill one year in the big game alone couple back.

Anyways, 5k to mill, I wouldnt bet vs it if he can follow some type of strict bankroll management and stop losses. And he seems to follow his stop losses at high stakes very well so I wouldnt go vs it. He can also play a [censored] load of tables at a time and low stakes omaha you can make 2-3x that of a good player can make at nl 6max so it can go really fast.

I think this bet needs a time frame to make it juicy. Cause if its 1.5 years, I would take it as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he follows Jesus' bankroll requirements it will take forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he's a better player than CF so he really shouldn't be following his BR requirements. Ivey's BR requirements would be lower at a given level than CF, especially if he is less risk averse.