Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Phil Ivey Challenge?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516251)

The 13th 4postle 10-05-2007 12:33 PM

The Phil Ivey Challenge??

Phil Ivey said on ESPN the pokeredge that he could one up Chris Ferguson and turn 5,000 bankroll into a million and not go broke. Chris Ferguson said he might take up the bet.

Personally I think 5,000 is a lot to start with. But I don't think he could stand playing such low limits.

He first mentioned having ten tries with a bankroll of 1,000 but thats basically BS.

Fish_Cake_YumYum 10-05-2007 12:34 PM

Re: The Phil Ivey Challenge??

what show is this???

Orlando Salazar 10-05-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey said on ESPN the pokeredge that he could one up Chris Ferguson and turn 5,000 bankroll into a million and not go broke. Chris Ferguson said he might take up the bet.

Personally I think 5,000 is a lot to start with. But I don't think he could stand playing such low limits.

He first mentioned having ten tries with a bankroll of 1,000 but thats basically BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Phil is God. He can do whatever he wants.

dying2win 10-05-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Phil is God. He can do whatever he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

timmay28 10-05-2007 12:40 PM

I can't see Phil following CF's bankroll rules too closely.

Alobar 10-05-2007 12:49 PM

This is retarded, its a lock as long as he follows bankroll management, so basically its not a "I can turn 5K into a million" challenge its a "do I have enough dicipline to win this bet, or will I decide that I dont care because Im already filthy rich and the money doesnt mean anything to me" challenge

The 13th 4postle 10-05-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what show is this???

[/ QUOTE ]
A podcast that you can download for free through Itunes. Personally I think Rounders Podcast is much better.

selurah 10-05-2007 02:09 PM

Ivey plays way too high and has way too much money to even come close to completing this challenge. He would lose interest inside of 1 month. That is unless the prop bet is absolutely insanely huge.

btmagnetw 10-05-2007 02:12 PM

if the bet is substantial enough, ivey would do it. but the problem is that the bet needs to be more than (phil's hourly rate * number of hours needed to do this) - $995,000. phil always said that he plays for money, not fame, accomplishment, proving himself, etc.

Crusher19 10-05-2007 02:13 PM

if ivey had healthy action against him say maybe 750k against him or more i think it would be enough to motivate him to beat the lower games for awhile. if the bet was for 100k i don think he would try hard enough because that money means so little to him