Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Repping the missed flush draw w/ straight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you think he's going to call a decent bet on the river with an overpair? i doubt it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i do, he knows i am an aggressive player, and he also would never expect me to have a 10 in that spot. it's also possible if he bets river as a thin v-bet with a set and i raise that he might make a hero call, putting me on missed hearts (sure this is somewhat unlikely, but possible, he knows i bet turn with 10 99% of the time, and i would never raise the river with a 5.)

i made this play purely for deception, this is by no means standard for me obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, i don't mind this play as a once-in-a-while mixing it up/deception play.

i do think that a bet on the river is most often going to be interpretted as 2 pr/set that you're trying to get value on the river from an overpair. at least that's what i would think.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you think he's going to call a decent bet on the river with an overpair? i doubt it

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i do, he knows i am an aggressive player, and he also would never expect me to have a 10 in that spot. it's also possible if he bets river as a thin v-bet with a set and i raise that he might make a hero call, putting me on missed hearts (sure this is somewhat unlikely, but possible, he knows i bet turn with 10 99% of the time, and i would never raise the river with a 5.)

i made this play purely for deception, this is by no means standard for me obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, i don't mind this play as a once-in-a-while mixing it up/deception play.

i do think that a bet on the river is most often going to be interpretted as 2 pr/set that you're trying to get value on the river from an overpair. at least that's what i would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine, then maybe it gives villain a chance to C/R bluff with his overpair (or overcards) if he puts him on 2 pair or a set... that is not so farfetched either

seriously this is obviously not standard but if you bet a T here every time you are completely exploitable.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is obviously not standard but if you bet a T here every time you are completely exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

bang on.

anyways, river was a blank, and bet close to full pot when he checked, he insta-called w/ KK.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is obviously not standard but if you bet a T here every time you are completely exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

How if you bet a T + everything else as well?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh, logic. please. logic.

i'm not saying if you ONLY bet a t you are exploitable. obviously. yes it's a good bluff spot and you should use it. wtf.

look at it from another angle - take the argument you just applied but instead of thinking of your betting range, think of your checking range. if you check "everything else" then you should sometimes check tens. that's the simplest way i should put it i guess.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:30 AM

Right, I obviously have no problems with your last statement, simply misunderstood the first one.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh, logic. please. logic.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-05-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these people are all exploitable jokers. this is fine some of the time. especially awesome when the 5 comes on river and he shoves you off a chop "because you can never have a ten" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] that happened to me once.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once? What games are you playing?

Anyway, check is fine. sometimes the board gets worse for you but usually you will get $$$ on da rivers.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 AM

this is a fine spot to slowplay vs a decent opponent
Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 AM

I think check on turn gets you wayy more value. Most hands you beat will make a crying turn call, but fold on river. But if you checkback this turn, you risk the board getting ugly, but you get paid off like always when you overbet the riv repping a bluff.

Agaisnt the right opponents, you might even get a shove called by checking this turn.