Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Default German players

I am curious now that I have returned to Partypoker after being severely beaten up at riverstars by river donks that there is an incredible amount of german players.
Does Partypoker offer them incentives that are not offered to others . I have yet to sit down where half my table is consisted of germans. Their play is sub par at best as well.
Just curious. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: German players

Apparentely there's loads of advertisement going on in Germany. Party's main objective obviously is tapping new markets asap.

In all honesty, I think them kicking out the Americans and moving on is going to be good for them in the long run. I'm wondering how Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Ultimate bet are going to be affected when the US finds a way to force them to call it quits. They're going to be way behind Party on the other emerging markets.

And yes, German fish tastes a lot better then I thought it would. In case you start chatting with them, could you kindly inform them that my grandfather still wants his bike back? Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, I really wish the US players would still be able to play everywhere, just in case anyone takes this the wrong way. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Party has 2 daily freerolls each for Germans and Canadians.

By the way I've played Party for years and can find no way of seeing where the other players are from.
Do I have something turned off??
Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 AM

Seems like every shortstack [censored] at the full ring tables are Germans....I hate them !
Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Partypoker offer them incentives that are not offered to others . I have yet to sit down where half my table is consisted of germans. Their play is sub par at best as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think PartyPoker offers anything special. However, there is a German affiliate which offers players free money up tp $150 (do deposit required) to all PartyPoker players. Apparently, they have also set up a U.K. based site for English speaking clientele.

I would mention the name of the affiliate but the fear of being ridiculed by my fellow members on this forum means my lips are sealed. (Just check Party lobby under the 'Specials' Tab)
Old 03-14-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think PartyPoker offers anything special. However, there is a German affiliate which offers players free money up tp $150 (do deposit required) to all PartyPoker players. Apparently, they have also set up a U.K. based site for English speaking clientele.

I would mention the name of the affiliate but the fear of being ridiculed by my fellow members on this forum means my lips are sealed. (Just check Party lobby under the 'Specials' Tab)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And they teach their members precisely how to play small stack strategy.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:01 AM

I'm a member there. Actually that is how I started playing poker, and it is really good for beginners. Literally every german player who wants to learn the game comes from that site and as they are a party affiliate, they all play on party.
The reason for the small stacks is that the $50 you get at start is not enough to play NL$4 and it mainly teaches limit holdem with the nl section growing over the last few month.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
 is offline

rine, what`s the name of the site ? please
Old 04-26-2007, 12:06 PM

pokerstrategy
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM

BTW, they have quite some customers in Germany because their website is published in german. Since their contents consists mainly from (poor) copys of Sklanskys books, IŽd rather study the original resources.