Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   German players (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354452)

mucked4u 03-13-2007 09:00 PM

German players

I am curious now that I have returned to Partypoker after being severely beaten up at riverstars by river donks that there is an incredible amount of german players.
Does Partypoker offer them incentives that are not offered to others . I have yet to sit down where half my table is consisted of germans. Their play is sub par at best as well.
Just curious. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

TimsterToo 03-13-2007 10:03 PM

Re: German players

Apparentely there's loads of advertisement going on in Germany. Party's main objective obviously is tapping new markets asap.

In all honesty, I think them kicking out the Americans and moving on is going to be good for them in the long run. I'm wondering how Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Ultimate bet are going to be affected when the US finds a way to force them to call it quits. They're going to be way behind Party on the other emerging markets.

And yes, German fish tastes a lot better then I thought it would. In case you start chatting with them, could you kindly inform them that my grandfather still wants his bike back? Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, I really wish the US players would still be able to play everywhere, just in case anyone takes this the wrong way. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Rainbow Warrior 03-13-2007 11:54 PM

Party has 2 daily freerolls each for Germans and Canadians.

By the way I've played Party for years and can find no way of seeing where the other players are from.
Do I have something turned off??

younggunz 03-14-2007 01:17 AM

Seems like every shortstack [censored] at the full ring tables are Germans....I hate them !

Balut 03-14-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Partypoker offer them incentives that are not offered to others . I have yet to sit down where half my table is consisted of germans. Their play is sub par at best as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think PartyPoker offers anything special. However, there is a German affiliate which offers players free money up tp $150 (do deposit required) to all PartyPoker players. Apparently, they have also set up a U.K. based site for English speaking clientele.

I would mention the name of the affiliate but the fear of being ridiculed by my fellow members on this forum means my lips are sealed. (Just check Party lobby under the 'Specials' Tab)

Ali 03-14-2007 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think PartyPoker offers anything special. However, there is a German affiliate which offers players free money up tp $150 (do deposit required) to all PartyPoker players. Apparently, they have also set up a U.K. based site for English speaking clientele.

I would mention the name of the affiliate but the fear of being ridiculed by my fellow members on this forum means my lips are sealed. (Just check Party lobby under the 'Specials' Tab)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And they teach their members precisely how to play small stack strategy.

rine 03-14-2007 07:01 AM

I'm a member there. Actually that is how I started playing poker, and it is really good for beginners. Literally every german player who wants to learn the game comes from that site and as they are a party affiliate, they all play on party.
The reason for the small stacks is that the $50 you get at start is not enough to play NL$4 and it mainly teaches limit holdem with the nl section growing over the last few month.

04-26-2007 11:27 AM

rine, what`s the name of the site ? please

zion 04-26-2007 12:06 PM

pokerstrategy

zion 04-26-2007 01:30 PM

BTW, they have quite some customers in Germany because their website is published in german. Since their contents consists mainly from (poor) copys of Sklanskys books, IŽd rather study the original resources.