Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 6 card omahahaha

12 card Omaha h/l? Good god...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Someone asked about this awhile ago in the other poker forum. They asked about 5 card omaha but 6 card omaha is pretty much the same. This was my response

[ QUOTE ]
It's important to know that uniqueness in a hand becomes really important as so often when you make a straight or full house with an unflushed or unpaired part of your hand it will often be duplicated when somebody plays a big pot with you. Obviously with five card omaha some hands go down in value for instance in a deep stacked game top two goes down in value. Having backup up to any hand is really important. Position is huge. Limp and fold often from early postion and from the blinds without a really coordinated and unique hand. So often there are backdoor drawouts and there are so many cards that can freeze you that you want to play almost all your big pots from late positition. Know also that in this game you can sometimes be a favorite with a drawing hand even on the turn.

I remember a hand I played at the Cincinnati Club in Glasgow where on the turn my opponent held trip aces which was the current "nuts" on the board. I raised him with a wrap straight and double flush draw. Of course i lost the hand but the only way I could lose was for it to pair up the board on the end. Noticing these spots can have good value. Drawing to the nuts is less important than drawing in position. I would say you wan't to draw to the nuts when you are out of positon because it will be difficult for you to extract money with less but in position loosen up and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

My variance was actually pretty low when i played this game regularly at the Broadway in Birmingham.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah, the KQQ952 hand sucks, but I had position on the table and we're all very deep-stacked. I don't agree with playing tight, esp if you have any sort of postflop edge.

Full house redraws become quite important as well, btw. E.G. having 432222 on a 443 board is pretty junk and should be tossed to heavy action.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:10 AM

Unless you're a genius and they are so retarded they can't pick up their cards, there is no kind of postflop edge that will make up for such a terrible hand. It's probably not even a call.

And yes I have played a lot of multi card Omaha.

gl

bdd