Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Default 20/40 Commerce hand.. I prolly screw up

20/40 NL at the Commerce. The table is fairly good though there are a few sharks at the table (Song, a balding asian guy is one of them). Villain in the hand is an asian lady (40s-ish) in a business suit, im not sure if she's a regular in the game or not. She's very aggressive and loose and is capable of bluffing, but also likes to call. She doesnt like to be bluffed and calls most bluffs down with some fairly weak hands. She also likes to draw but not a ton. She's not a complete donk by an means and has already snapped off some bluffs and bullied around some other players at the table.

Villain and me have no prior history and villain views me as a very tight player. Villain knows little about any intracies of my play.

I have $3940. She covers.

8-handed. She limps in like UTG+1, another guy limps in, small blind completes and I check the big blind with 64o.

Flop is 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot = $160)

I lead out for $100. She raises to $300. I repop to $1000. She calls.

Turn is 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot = $2160)

At this point, I get this pretty strong read that I think she is drawing, though she might have a weak made hand.

I bet 1900$ (leaves me with like $1000 behind).

I think I bet too much here, but im not sure. Perhaps betting $800 would be better?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Commerce hand.. I prolly screw up

Funny, I get the feeling she has a hand like A4d/54d/ maybe K4d....with that being the case I just continue to fire turn since she will almost always bet with these hands.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny, I get the feeling she has a hand like A4d/54d/ maybe K4d....with that being the case I just continue to fire turn since she will almost always bet with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

She cant have the flush draw and trips at the same time. Theres only one 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the deck.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 PM

i think you should bet 1000ish
Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 PM

whoops my bad....I meant A4suited/54suited/maybe K4suited
Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should bet 1000ish

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 PM

i would probably just shove as shes probably never folding any big 4, and betting 2/3 ur stack and then shoving river is the same as shoving here IMO
Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would probably just shove as shes probably never folding any big 4, and betting 2/3 ur stack and then shoving river is the same as shoving here IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge difference between betting 2/3 or all of it since if she's still on a big combo draw, betting less will give her "odds" to call drawing dead, which we want, while if we bet AI she won't be able to call with almost anything, which we don't want.

It's pretty awkward to bet less on the turn than you did on the flop, so I would try to bet the minimum like 1200 maybe, and obv try to get the rest in on the river.

Kirk
Old 07-14-2007, 01:26 AM

Half pot obv.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40 NL at the Commerce. The table is fairly good though there are a few sharks at the table (Song, a balding asian guy is one of them). Villain in the hand is an asian lady (40s-ish) in a business suit, im not sure if she's a regular in the game or not. She's very aggressive and loose and is capable of bluffing, but also likes to call. She doesnt like to be bluffed and calls most bluffs down with some fairly weak hands. She also likes to draw but not a ton. She's not a complete donk by an means and has already snapped off some bluffs and bullied around some other players at the table.

Villain and me have no prior history and villain views me as a very tight player. Villain knows little about any intracies of my play.
I have $3940. She covers.

8-handed. She limps in like UTG+1, another guy limps in, small blind completes and I check the big blind with 64o.

Flop is 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot = $160)

I lead out for $100. She raises to $300. I repop to $1000. She calls.

Turn is 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot = $2160)

At this point, I get this pretty strong read that I think she is drawing, though she might have a weak made hand.

I bet 1900$ (leaves me with like $1000 behind).

I think I bet too much here, but im not sure. Perhaps betting $800 would be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt know nits made intricate plays lol. i bet 12-1500 on turn and get it in on the river.