Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: discipline and value

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, to me it looks like qq-77. Your re-raise was tiny (not trying to give you more [censored] about it) so he is calling with any pp to try and bust your implied odd giving ass.

I really don't think he checks the river to you with a boat or flush, and I think you have him beat and I think you should bet half the pot (and i think that the villain calls you with 88-qq for a half pot bet on this river pretty frequently).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

after 50 or so hands im 30/15, villain to my right is 20/5 ish. it seems every time ive been in a pot it's against him, and he's been repeatedly folding to my cbets when coincidentally i have been actually having the goods but ive only shown down 3 times thus far, only the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I'm the only one concerned about these PT stats. You're tight at 30%, always showing down the goods, and he's extremely tight at 20%, always folding to your CB.

So what kind of hand do you think he puts you on to re-raise his standard bring-in? I'm guessing AA, KK, QQ, AK, could be, maybe JJ, TT, AQs, KQs. But knowing this guy is 20% tight he's got a strong hand when he brings it in. So, I think the second group is less likely.

So, what do you put this tightass on to call your re-raise?

Ok, Now we see the flop, he checks and for the first time calls your CB. You think he's calling here with QQ, JJ surely knowing he's way behind with only two outs?

I think if he calls your flop bet your TPTK is in trouble.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:17 AM

thanks for the thoughts thus far. interesting comments/arguments all around, betting more pf and betting turn and most viable it seems.

in any case not believing he had the discipline to check a boat or flush on the river i fired out a 1/3 pot bet of 40, he timed down and pushed 160... 120 more to me. when i bet i was telling myself that i should/could lay down to a push, but do people agree with this line? would you call river here. i am getting 2.5:1 but given his line i dont want to pay off based on EV, i want to make the correct read/play in this situation.

thoughts?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 AM

Not to be a dick, but you should've known (or at least had a pretty good idea) what you were going to do if he pushed when you made that very weak river bet. It sounds like you planned on folding; in that case fold. Its so read-dependent that nobody else can give you a better answer.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:50 PM

Fair enough, I guess it's one of those hands where it was a heat of the moment read, and prob wouldn't be too interesting for others. In any case, for 120 I didn't have the discipline to fold, I called, and he showed 88, MHIG.