Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: nl 200 - 22

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how all of you are saying you like his 3 bet pf with 22. This 3 bet is a pure bluff imo. If you are going to RR with 22 you might as well do it with any other random hand. Sure sometimes you are going to take down the $10 already in the pot, but you could do this with 72 off just as well. The value you get from small s and hitting sets, not bloating the pot oop with a very weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

22 improves to a MONSTER 12.5% of the time.

72o improves to a monster with a much lower frequency, and it is a lot more obvious to villain (and a 72x flop has someone with AA drawing with much greater equity when we have 72 than when we have 22, because the X can pair).

This is a semi-bluff, not a pure bluff, and a way better semi-bluff than with 72o or some other random hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, 22 will improve to a monster 12.5% of the time. That doesnt change the fact that we will be putting in 30-35% of our stack by reraising and cbetting the flop. The only reason I can see for reraising here is to take down the dead money, which is most certainly a bluff.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how all of you are saying you like his 3 bet pf with 22. This 3 bet is a pure bluff imo. If you are going to RR with 22 you might as well do it with any other random hand. Sure sometimes you are going to take down the $10 already in the pot, but you could do this with 72 off just as well. The value you get from small s and hitting sets, not bloating the pot oop with a very weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

22 improves to a MONSTER 12.5% of the time.

72o improves to a monster with a much lower frequency, and it is a lot more obvious to villain (and a 72x flop has someone with AA drawing with much greater equity when we have 72 than when we have 22, because the X can pair).

This is a semi-bluff, not a pure bluff, and a way better semi-bluff than with 72o or some other random hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, 22 will improve to a monster 12.5% of the time. That doesnt change the fact that we will be putting in 30-35% of our stack by reraising and cbetting the flop. The only reason I can see for reraising here is to take down the dead money, which is most certainly a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're both right, you're just thinking about the situation definitely.

When you repop 22 OOP it's a bluff that has a chance to turn into a monster. If villain will constantly fold to 3 bets preflop it's immediately +EV. If he will call PF 3 bets a lot and fold to flop cbets it's +EV, etc. I'd rather do it with a midpair, but w/e cuz sometimes you have to bet/call flop.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 AM

Fonkey I'd like to know why you think dropping this hand pf is the best move. Do you think the raiser isn't going to pay off often enough when we hit? Do you think there is too great of a chance we get squeezed by the BB?