Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: B&M Strategy posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In a perfect world, you would be able to have the same post appear in multiple categories. Or, not even a perfect world, but just one where forum software creators thought a bit outside the box. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Cross-posting sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Because then you have 2 different thread on the same topic but with different content.

So, yeah, that sucks.

What I brought up is not cross-posting. I think it's a damn good idea -- I should patent it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I brought up is not cross-posting. I think it's a damn good idea -- I should patent it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, Usenet had it years ago, heh.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:00 AM

What's so hard about putting strategy posts in strategy forums? I agree with soah 110%.

Let me just rehash my thoughts from the last "strat in B&M" thread. I would encourage folks to post B&M hands and stragy questions in the Full Ring forum. There are lost of reasons, but mainly (a) its welcomed, (b) you'll get good feedback, (c) there is more of a "community" feel there than other strat forums IMHO, and (d) if a few folks start posting B&M hands its likely a quorum or critical mass of B&M posters will congregate there to talk strat and make it what you want, even if it isn't already.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's so hard about putting strategy posts in strategy forums? I agree with soah 110%.

Let me just rehash my thoughts from the last "strat in B&M" thread. I would encourage folks to post B&M hands and stragy questions in the Full Ring forum. There are lost of reasons, but mainly (a) its welcomed, (b) you'll get good feedback, (c) there is more of a "community" feel there than other strat forums IMHO, and (d) if a few folks start posting B&M hands its likely a quorum or critical mass of B&M posters will congregate there to talk strat and make it what you want, even if it isn't already.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, but also (e) The more conservative play necessary for B&M is what is advocated in full ring. (f) Full ring gets less traffic than the other NL forums, so your hands stay on top longer.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, but also (e) The more conservative play necessary for B&M is what is advocated in full ring. (f) Full ring gets less traffic than the other NL forums, so your hands stay on top longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Birthday boy - I'd be cool if the name of the Full Ring NL forum changed to Full Ring / B&M NL. Just a suggestion, hope the forum moderators consider it. Limit players who make the complaint that the strat forums ignore B&M play are kidding themselves, over 1/2 the hands are live in the Mid-stakes forum for example so I dont think its as big a concern.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 PM

B&M is the one forum I lurk but never post in. The thought of strat hands being allowed horrifies me, and the fact that the B&M pointer to this thread has been read 67 times since last night and nobody is chiming in to support Dima probably speaks volumes.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be cool if the name of the Full Ring NL forum changed to Full Ring / B&M NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this is a good idea.
It's only a slight adjustment, just changing the name of the forum.
But could possibly make a difference.

Posters in B&M/NL could be encouraged to include 'Live' or 'B&M' in the subject-line (which I think they already are perhaps).
Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, Usenet had it years ago, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Still different -- usenet is more like a mailing list, where people can respond to just one of the groups the post was made in. Putting a forum topic in multiple categories wouldn't create two separate posts where people could reply to 1 or both, but only 1 post where all replies can be viewed under any category the post was posted under. Oh, and while I'm thinking of great ideas, how about throw in some "tagging" abilities to make the forum software all Web 2.0-ish.h