Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Your sickest beats live/online.

oh god do i have a beat for you, so im playin high stakes 7 card stud, and me and Kevin McBride are betting and raising and goin nuts, long story short we both end up with a royal flush on teh 7th street, but he had the royal flush of spades while i had the royal flush of hearts, and as you know spades are higher in value then hearts so he had the higher royal flush, omg it was so sick i almost threw up
Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beat: flopped quad 2's and had someone go runner runner aces for biger quads

brag:won half of the 66k badbeat jackpot

[/ QUOTE ]
was this at boulevard in coquitlam BC? Exact same thing happened at a 1/2 table while i was playing 4/8 there and heard the commotion

edit: just read rest of thread guess it was you
Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh god do i have a beat for you, so im playin high stakes 7 card stud, and me and Kevin McBride are betting and raising and goin nuts, long story short we both end up with a royal flush on teh 7th street, but he had the royal flush of spades while i had the royal flush of hearts, and as you know spades are higher in value then hearts so he had the higher royal flush, omg it was so sick i almost threw up

[/ QUOTE ]

oh
Old 05-21-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i couldnt believe it i havent played stud since
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM

this happened about 4 years ago, it was my first time playing 10/20 live and I was a noob and shortstacking with 1K. folded around to cutoff who raises to $80, i raise to $320 with AA on the button, SB CCs 320, cutoff calls. flop is K22 and its checked around to me, obv. i push for ~$670, SB calls and cutoff folds. turn 5, river 7...SB had A2o and scoops the pot. ill never forget that hand.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain...had red aces in hold 'em the other day and other guy had black aces; we got all in preflop, the board didn't change anything, so he scooped a huge pot...it's just sick.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain...had red aces in hold 'em the other day and other guy had black aces; we got all in preflop, the board didn't change anything, so he scooped a huge pot...it's just sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha cmon know everyone knows that isn't true, the thing that happened to me can only happen in stud, believe me the rules in the cardroom pointed out that in 7 stud when there are flushes of the exact same rank, the higher suit wins, and everyone knows is goes clubs, diamonds, hearts and then spades. Alphabetical order LDO
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 PM

Playing at Harrah's 300NL during NCAA tourney. Built my stack to $486. Me and another guy (who has me covered) raise and reraise until we are all in before the flop. He doesn't turn his cards so I don't show my AA. Board comes Q 10 4 x x. I turn over my AA and he turns over his AA. He doesn't realize there are 4 hearts on the board and I beat him with an ace high flush. He just stared at the board for like 5 minutes and left shortly afterward. I don't think he has played poker since.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:26 AM

i busted AK sooted with AK not sooted in a sng once. I did a happy dance in front of the monitor.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 AM

ive had so many its hard to remember them all at once, sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat having a nightmare about one
this one is pretty sick
QQ vs KK flop is QJJ, we get all in..turn is an ace, river king
someone then told me after they mucked AK on the flop
barf