Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Your sickest beats live/online. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408282)

gameoverjc 05-21-2007 07:10 AM

Your sickest beats live/online.

Hope to get 2-3 good stories up here to make people feel better.

Mine was live, with the remainder of my br at the table. Multiway pot, I complete in sb with 3 4 o/s.

Flop comes 2-5-6 with 2 diamonds.. MP super lag bets pot, cutoff who is steaming calls, I cr 5x his initial bet. MP calls, cutoff folds.

Turn 7 (no diamond). I shove for 3/4 the pot. He ponders, I tell him I don't want him to call. He calls. Flips over a King high flush draw.

River 9 (no diamond).

Dealer, a nice guy who I always tip, pushes me the pot after looking at the hands. As I just start to stack the chips, the cutoff, who was steaming, says "He has a higher straight."

Dealer reanalyzes the hands, and K-8 scoops the pot.

I stare like an idiot in my seat at the pot being taken away from me. I take out 4 dollars, buy chips, everyone looks at me like I'm a super degen. I take the chips, and give them to the dealer and walk out.

To this day I don't think that thought will ever leave me, even though the money at stake is laughable.

lippy 05-21-2007 07:15 AM

Re: Your sickest beats live/online.

That's terrible man. I'd probably smack the cutoff. I mean the nerve of that guy!

Flintoff 05-21-2007 07:30 AM

What was the final size of the pot?

Heavens_Myst 05-21-2007 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the final size of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

two dollars.

pna 05-21-2007 08:27 AM

what a sick beat

BIG NIGE 05-21-2007 08:57 AM

Just wondering, is there a "statute of limitations" on when a hand ruling can be changed? How long after the pot is awarded can the ruling be changed? Is it any time before the next deal starts?

jmremote 05-21-2007 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer, a nice guy who I always tip

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you tip a dealer on a 2 dollar pot?

baker2g 05-21-2007 09:37 AM

beat: flopped quad 2's and had someone go runner runner aces for biger quads

brag:won half of the 66k badbeat jackpot

runout_mick 05-21-2007 09:38 AM

I don't understand.

The best hand was tabled and eventually awarded the pot after an initial dealer error.

Wow. Sick beat.

Xanthro 05-21-2007 09:43 AM

I flopped top set guy flopped bottom set, he's all in, hit his one out on the river. I was a chip leader and survived, about 10 hands later, I flop middle set, he flops bottom set and hits his one outer on the river and knocked me out.

At least I never had chips pushed toward me.