Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Pocket nines

UTG,UTG+1 pretty LAG. Seems theres tons more people seeing the flop at .25/.50 than there is at .50/1. I'm looking for opinions on this hand, and, am looking for opinions on how most strong players change their strategy (if at all) when playing against LAG/maniac types.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Pocket nines

Raise pf, bet flop.

-J
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop check is extra bad.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 PM

utg must be pretty happy that you gave him a free card allowing him to pick up a OESD and subsequently river you.
edit: fwiw i misread and misread the turn action and UTG call/raise....but thats probably because i got all dizzy and found it hard to concentrate after seeing that horrible flop check

you are probably going to get berated pretty hard about the flop check but that is probably a good thing because we learn more posting hands that we screw up than hands that we play well
Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

i think PF could go either way ... you like to have MW or SH pot, if you will get a number of callers by raising then go for it
if it's not so likely, then going for a larger field is another option (if you raise you could be up against 2 or 3 guys - not the best spot)

on the flop ... WTF MAN ... i don't know what else to say ... for the love of god <font color="red">BET</font> ... the board is well connected

on the turn ... well - given the action the Jack really sucked for you (that's what the pokergods give you letting a set get check around on a connected board)
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM

The flop check made me puke. Not a little bit either - it was a good, long, hearty vomit. And then I cried for about 5 minutes ... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I cannot take posts like this.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Thanks to all who took the time to read my hand, it's very much appreciated.

Remy, just make sure you have a plastic bucket near by, if you wish to pain yourself by reading my posts hereafter. I must say, your class supersedes your poker wisdom. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 PM

2 players limping pre is not a lot of players. raise PF to clear people out. bet the flop.

as played I'm driving the porcelain bus alongside remy.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all who took the time to read my hand, it's very much appreciated.

Remy, just make sure you have a plastic bucket near by, if you wish to pain yourself by reading my posts hereafter. I must say, your class supersedes your poker wisdom. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Glad you have a thick skin, man [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Incidentally, my very first post on this forum was similar - slowplayed set on the flop, and I thought I was super-smart playing the hand like this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I got berated so bad, my balls shrank and I couldn't find them for two weeks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But the lesson stuck g00t!