Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pocket nines (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455510)

Alexost 07-19-2007 08:13 PM

Pocket nines

UTG,UTG+1 pretty LAG. Seems theres tons more people seeing the flop at .25/.50 than there is at .50/1. I'm looking for opinions on this hand, and, am looking for opinions on how most strong players change their strategy (if at all) when playing against LAG/maniac types.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Jaran 07-19-2007 08:17 PM

Re: Pocket nines

Raise pf, bet flop.

-J

Buzz-cp 07-19-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop check is extra bad.

OziBattler 07-19-2007 08:22 PM

utg must be pretty happy that you gave him a free card allowing him to pick up a OESD and subsequently river you.
edit: fwiw i misread and misread the turn action and UTG call/raise....but thats probably because i got all dizzy and found it hard to concentrate after seeing that horrible flop check

you are probably going to get berated pretty hard about the flop check but that is probably a good thing because we learn more posting hands that we screw up than hands that we play well

Gib 07-19-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeanbaptiste36 07-19-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG,UTG+1 pretty LAG. Seems theres tons more people seeing the flop at .25/.50 than there is at .50/1. I'm looking for opinions on this hand, and, am looking for opinions on how most strong players change their strategy (if at all) when playing against LAG/maniac types.

[/ QUOTE ]

One adjustment against LAGs is that you don't need to slow play good hands. Just bet when you got it. They will call. That's the L in LAG.

Conte 07-19-2007 08:38 PM

*grunch*

I raise pf sometime here and checking the flop is just throwing money away. they WILL call..

Point Blank 07-19-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, bet flop.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

i think PF could go either way ... you like to have MW or SH pot, if you will get a number of callers by raising then go for it
if it's not so likely, then going for a larger field is another option (if you raise you could be up against 2 or 3 guys - not the best spot)

on the flop ... WTF MAN ... i don't know what else to say ... for the love of god <font color="red">BET</font> ... the board is well connected

on the turn ... well - given the action the Jack really sucked for you (that's what the pokergods give you letting a set get check around on a connected board)

BigBadBabar 07-19-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is MP1 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .................................................. ..........................

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks .

[/ QUOTE ]

okay babar is angry

RemyXO 07-19-2007 08:52 PM

The flop check made me puke. Not a little bit either - it was a good, long, hearty vomit. And then I cried for about 5 minutes ... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I cannot take posts like this.