Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Live deep stacked, good semi bluff or spew?

Thanks for the responses. I honestly didn't know if he was prone to call here or not. I just knew that he couldn't possibly have the nuts, and I think I was playing my table image more than I was playing him. I'm considered the tightest player at the table, especially when it comes to omaha because I'm just beginning.

I don't think he would fold the second nuts in hold em, but for omaha I have absolutely no idea. I feel like if I just check here I am giving up the hand unless the board pairs though, something which I didn't want to do. I figured this was either fold or raise.

So pretty much all I can gather from the last two responses is that you don't make this move without solid reads?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other information I need is something like...this type of player doesn't fold the second nuts/or he is very prone to folding here. Stating that they are "solid tags" does nothing to clarify the situation for someone trying to answer your question in a bubble. I think the play is fine in a vacuum against your "solid tag". But notice here the problem. Does that mean him being solid include reading you well, or possessing a complex understanding of the game, or does it mean he plays straightforward and your 4 bet means he is going to fold? This is something ONLY YOU AND THE OTHER PLAYERS IN THE GAME CAN ANSWER. Hence your question is unaswerable IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

By this standard all poker forums would be useless as only newbish questions would be remotely answerable. Sure, if the other player is the type who would only raise you with a flush and would never fold it to a re-raise, you shouldn't 3-bet this flop. But if OP had that read, the hand wouldn't be worth posting at all, would it?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Ideally, on a naked ace bluff, you want to smooth-call at least one street and raise later to really sell that you're slow-playing a big hand, but you're a little shallow for that and if you're image is kinda tight and straightforward, then there's a good chance you can get him to fold a lower flush anyway. I like the play.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Hmmm thats an interesting way to play the hand. So what happens if I just call the flop, the board doesn't pair, and he pots again, won't be inclined to call now with any decent flush due to the size of pot?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:21 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. In this case, you're stuck because there aren't enough chips left so your best chance to get a fold is just repotting on the flop. If you'd got led into on the flop or something, then you could call the flop and raise the turn and get a ton of fold equity, maybe even getting him to throw a K-hi flush away.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Awesome thanks for the advice.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM

looks good, woulda been tougher with something like bottom set or top 2 + bare ace.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 PM

Looks good.
Since it's deep, flat-calling the flop and then re-potting the turn over his bet will look even scarier to him. He will probably fold 100% of his hands (including the K-high flush) given your image and the play so far.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 PM

I like it.

You could be raising for pot equity for all you know here.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 AM

After reading the responses just calling on the turn and then potting seems sooooo damn clever. That play is absolutely nuts to me, especially since it gives me the added bonus of hitting my full house and the fact that I don't float many flops will help as well. Not sure if I have the balls to pull that one off, but I hope I get into the situation again to try it.