Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 200NL- Squeeze QQ and BB shoves

if he plays 1/2 like he plays 2/4 this is def a call

edit: i mean he can have JJ here
Old 09-06-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what? its obvious +EV according to pokerstove results and ive given him tightest pushing range (if you consider villain is reg which seems to be according to his stats/pro nickname). i cant see any reg not pushing AK there in BB

[/ QUOTE ]

No you haven't, tightest pushing range is KK+. Some people fold AK here, only a complete donk pushes anything other than AK+ given the action (QQ makes hardly ny difference regardless and is unlikely). Pokerstove shows you have a 2% edge with all the assumptions on the optimistic side so if you want to gamble a whole stack on at best a 2% edge then go ahead.

I know AK isn't in CR advised starting hnds for a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would never ever fold if i could put my stack in w/ a 2% edge. If you would then move down until you are rolled well enough
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he plays 1/2 like he plays 2/4 this is def a call

edit: i mean he can have JJ here

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played w/ him before so I dunno if he's capable of pushing JJ there.

It's funny, this guy used to live like 5 minutes away from me.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Call this so fast vs. him. JJ is definitely in his range and I've seen him get tricky with AA/KK so he's not necessarily jamming those hands.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Well the main point is the call is -EV if you agree with the range and consider it unweighted.

The second, less important point is that I'd weight things towards KK+ and away from AK, which makes it a easier fold.

Your point about AK calling = bad play, probably not very relevant to OP's decision. If you said that AK is more likely to push than KK+, then it would be relevant, since it weights things differently.

But anyway, please explain why calling with AK in position is a bad play here, rather than just dismissing it?

My thoughts on this fairly irrelevant comment -- Facing an oop raise, he's probably up against {QQ+, AK}. If he pushes he'll be called by KK+, to which he'll be a heavy underdog. He might also get called by AK, to which he's even. And QQ appears to be a slight fold situation. So, he's even or a big dog most of the time he's called, and he wins $48 otherwise.

On the other hand, if he calls in position with AKs and totally misses the flop, he can fold safely to that range, since he's now a huge dog. If he spikes an A and/or flush draw, and no Q or K falls, then it's all in, since it's more likely your a favorite at this point. What's your take?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM

well to start with OPs range is much wider than QQ+,AK
Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM

And about JJ...dude, if you saw a guy re-raise from worst position (SB) into a raiser and TWO callers, wouldn't you put the re-raiser on a very strong hand? Stealing there with JJ seems pretty insane, and we have no reason to think this guy's insane.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And about JJ...dude, if you saw a guy re-raise from worst position (SB) into a raiser and TWO callers, wouldn't you put the re-raiser on a very strong hand? Stealing there with JJ seems pretty insane, and we have no reason to think this guy's insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know what SQUEEZE means?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the main point is the call is -EV if you agree with the range and consider it unweighted.

The second, less important point is that I'd weight things towards KK+ and away from AK, which makes it a easier fold.

Your point about AK calling = bad play, probably not very relevant to OP's decision. If you said that AK is more likely to push than KK+, then it would be relevant, since it weights things differently.

But anyway, please explain why calling with AK in position is a bad play here, rather than just dismissing it?

My thoughts on this fairly irrelevant comment -- Facing an oop raise, he's probably up against {QQ+, AK}. If he pushes he'll be called by KK+, to which he'll be a heavy underdog. He might also get called by AK, to which he's even. And QQ appears to be a slight fold situation. So, he's even or a big dog most of the time he's called, and he wins $48 otherwise.

On the other hand, if he calls in position with AKs and totally misses the flop, he can fold safely to that range, since he's now a huge dog. If he spikes an A and/or flush draw, and no Q or K falls, then it's all in, since it's more likely your a favorite at this point. What's your take?

[/ QUOTE ]

When he shoves AK he gets people like me to fold QQ, JJ, TT etc. By just calling PF he's going to be missing 2/3's of flops and even when he hits he may not get paid off by TT-QQ.

I folded because we had no history, and knew nothing about eachother. Not sure if he'd make this play w/ JJ against an unknown. Looking back I'd probably call but at that point in time I thought I was either 55% or 20%. Knowing that I'm about 40% I think I'd call as I think he has AK a lot here.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well to start with OPs range is much wider than QQ+,AK

[/ QUOTE ]
OP has QQ.