Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: QQ in Fulltilt $15K

I'm pretty content with my pf flat call. His raise was 8bb which is already at raise/reraise level, so I'm not really worried about others coming along for the ride.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:45 AM

I like the flat call PF too, unless I know what a 7xBB PF raise from villain means. Reads would be great, without them I'll happily just shove and hope for the best.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 AM

Yeah I shoved them in there... I think it was the right play. outcome not important...
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I shoved them in there... I think it was the right play. outcome not important...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, VERY VERY GOOD.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:38 AM

I would shove preflop because I think villain will call often with a weaker hand (thoughtprocess: he must have AK why is he shoving otherwise...). Besides early on I would be happy to take a 50/50 shot (if he has AK for the matter). Calling here probably reveals you have a strong hand like JJ++ or AK, and if villain has KQ, TT or 99 he isn't going to put much more money in it if all unders come; he might though call an all-in with it. Yeah I think shoving is the most EV.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:27 AM

I would have pushed rather than flat calling pre-flop.

In my experience a overly big raise like that often indicates three things in low limit tourneys.

a) he's probably not very good
b) he like his hand quite a lot but
c) he's scared of being outdrawn.

based on this I'd put him on 66-jj with a pretty high certainty, although AA, KK, QQ are a small possibility (but you takes them chances)

Based on a) and b) i think he's fairly likley to call an all in with those hands so would push with QQ.

The guy behind you is a bugger, but you are making this decision before you know anything about him and the + EV from the first guy more than make up for the risk of running into AA or KK behind you.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read responses.

I really love the flat call of 400. That's what I would do there. It's unlikely (probably, that would be your table read), that one of the blinds would call. The OR has much less of an idea what you have when you call than if you push (which would really be your only option as raising to 1000 is wayyy too much of your stack). I'm not that worried about BB coming along to the flop, and I'm still pushing any non A/K flop no matter what.

That's an instapush after the raise. It sorta gives away your hand, but you don't care because you're gonna be heads up with it. Read the FAQ, it's a push and it's not even close. If you run into the two hands that beat you, sorry. You're getting a nice overlay with the dead money in there already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your reasoning here that it's relatively early and the EV gained by amassing chips early is much better than the EV lost by busting out (even factoring say a 50% liklihood he's up against AA or KK)?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your reasoning here? True it is an auto-call in a cash game but I'm not so sure about tournaments. What range did you have villian on? My range was specifically KK+ or AK and therefore not EV enough. If you were getting 3:1 then yes shove but 2:1 is to thin IMO.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM

if you're gonna flatcall the 400 pre then isnt to induce a squeeze from one of the blinds? you happily get all your chips in with QQ here. Your hand is way under repped here and the re-raiser is doing this with a FAR wider range than KK+ AK,
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM

I think a sqeeze is unlikely here as villian should assume that at least 1 opponent will feel pot committed or might have a monster hand (AA or KK).

What range do you put villian on here specifically? Do you really think he looks down at like a KJ and shoves?