Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: 400NL: Steal, resteal and some too deep of thoughts?

I don t mind the call preflop if u only do it from time to time against a 3 bet addict.
If you bet the flop you are turning your hand into a bluff which i don t mind since you would be happy to take that pot right now rather than face a tof desision on the turn if he bets or if a bad card comes (which is likely) and that was part of ur plan from the begining (outplay in position light 3 bettor) but when he reraise u just have to give up the hand ,don t go into deep thoughts ,so far all ur play have been marginal but okeish if u are going all in with that hand here then all the plays u have made so far becomes terrible imo since we came to a result because of or past actions.I hope that make sense....
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM

I lean towards a shove here.

Does he check a big pair there on that board? How often does he does this sort of thing with air... often. You probably have outs if behind. If hes decent he probably knows you cant be bluffing him given the action/pot size/his stack size so that reps enormous strength.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Yeah I do not see how you can bet/fold your hand here? Is this guy ever checking a hand on that flop, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ??? But even that sorta hand this guy is going to lead with if he is THAT aggro?

The only thing Id like to know is does he think you have a propensity to bet most flop when checked to you. I could easily see him thinking there is no way you call flop with a hand as "weak" as your actual hand, so he puts you on JJ/QQ/Will Bet and figures he can check/raise.

I reckon this is SUPER close, so with your read I guess you call/push.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 57.660% 57.09% 00.57% 20348 202.00 { Ad4d }
Hand 1: 42.340% 41.77% 00.57% 14888 202.00 { KK+, TT, AQs+, AQo+ }
Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM

Preflop is close as it’s pretty hard to ‘outplay’ a villain like this with A4s, even in position. Either you flop good or you spew trying to get fancy imo. Still, I lean towards a call here (though I often C/F when I whiff – so maybe this is something to rethink?)

On the flop, I think that range is a bit narrow. I don’t see how you’ve ruled out SCs, AXs+GS, JJ/QQ, or even something like AcT. The fact is that the guy has shown aggression and a willingness to play wide open which should add quite a few hands to his range.

The CR is the strangest part of this hand, and tough to interpret w/o a picture of Hero. I think the flop bet is bad as I have NO desire to play a huge pot with this marginal of a hand nor do I feel the need to ‘protect’ it. Ck the flop, see what develops. The turn could bring a scare card or improve your hand getting you to a cheap showdown which is obv worth quite a bit here from an informational standpoint alone.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM

I just push this preflop over his 3bet if he's been doing it light ala cts. 30% equity = nuts

Also it's around 110BB effective.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just push this preflop over his 3bet if he's been doing it light ala cts. 30% equity = nuts

Also it's around 110BB effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoving Axs, while advocated as a particular style by CTS a while back, has been very VERY -EV for me. Maybe at NL400 and above it is a bit more effective, however I've never had luck with it (even when running 35/25).
Old 09-18-2007, 02:32 PM

I didn't read the replies to this thread but preflop is questionable.

Flop you should b/c or check. I like check. He doesn't need to be trapping you to think well I have 66 and he prob doesn't have a pair so I guess I'll c/r.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM

people like never check/fold this flop methinks.
i dont like claling with this hand pf, either fold or 4bet because there's SO few flops that hit you enough to push your [censored] in. Something like QJs would be a lot better to call with.
if youre betting its with the intention of getting it in, which i think is pretty marginal here without a good read.
id just check, but again if i wanted to make moves it would have been preflop, because this hand has roughly as much value seeing a flop as 27s.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

This whole hand is basically an admission that HERO is addicted to variance. Fold flop and stop the FPS. PF is meh, I'm not going to say too much about it though I prefer a 4B to cold calling.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 PM

since when is 108x deep?

fold pf.